cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2006, 03:51 PM   #7
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters
I boardmailed him about all the foster kids waiting to be adopted, that they thank him for his consideration.

Of course they will eventually turn 18 after never having been adopted, and be thrown to the world with no support.

What a tragedy, to have no one in the world that you can claim as family support. If anything is less in harmony with the gospel than that, I would like to know what it is.

I would choose a single parent, unwed couple, gay couple, etc. before I woudl choose the state. But that's just me. Because I have seen the awful consequences of broken homes up close and personal in the foster care/psychiatric hospital mill.

I guess I'm too soft for my own good. I would have more peace if I could just adopt joebravo's point of view.
I agree with this. IMO, growing up in a home with a mom and a dad is the ideal and is light years better than any other alternative. At the other end of the spectrum is being a ward of the state. The only thing that is worse than this is being in a home where you are the victim of abuse. This is not to say that every married couple actually IS ideal, but I would assert that you have the best chance for a healthy grown up coming out of such a home. Just my lay opinion.

So while I would ideally place every child with a mom and a dad, there are more kids than married people who want them. Placement with ANY person or group of people who want the child is better than no one at all, whether it is a single, gay couple or commune who make their own clothes and meditate around a circle while they bang on bongo drums.