cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-17-2008, 08:44 PM   #1
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road
Default Larry Krystoviak fired by the Bucks today

How do Ute fans feel about Boylen? Are you still glad you ended up with him, or would you have still preferred Larry K?

Just curious...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I'd much rather have Boylen. He wants to be the coach at Utah.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 08:54 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I wish Utah would get good. Seriously.

But I'm afraid Boylen isn't the man to do it.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2008, 09:00 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I wish Utah would get good. Seriously.

But I'm afraid Boylen isn't the man to do it.
I believe Boylen is the one to do it. He has to undo all the damage done by Giacoletti. That is going to take some time and as Boylen gets the players that he has recruited in to his system, the Utes will get better.

I believe Giacoletti did more damage to what Majerus had built than the amount done by Crowton to what Edwards built.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 05:42 AM   #5
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I believe Boylen is the one to do it. He has to undo all the damage done by Giacoletti. That is going to take some time and as Boylen gets the players that he has recruited in to his system, the Utes will get better.

I believe Giacoletti did more damage to what Majerus had built than the amount done by Crowton to what Edwards built.
lol...........
Old 04-18-2008, 11:34 AM   #6
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

I agree with Il Pad here, Boylen wants to be at Utah and is taking ownership of the job, the team, and the program. Larry K. would've used it as a stepping stone job...(jury is out on whether or not boylen will)

I have no idea what Rocky is laughing at either...but I would say that Majerus and Giac both did their part to damage the program...but Majerus at least can say that he built the program to what it was before destroying it or at least starting it down that road.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:11 PM   #7
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrumNFeather View Post
I agree with Il Pad here, Boylen wants to be at Utah and is taking ownership of the job, the team, and the program. Larry K. would've used it as a stepping stone job...(jury is out on whether or not boylen will)

I have no idea what Rocky is laughing at either...but I would say that Majerus and Giac both did their part to damage the program...but Majerus at least can say that he built the program to what it was before destroying it or at least starting it down that road.
I'm laughing at the "I believe Giacoletti did more damage to what Majerus had built than Crowton doing more damage than what it took LaVell Edwards to build." line, but I digress.

No point in getting over a debate as on it, as it's been hashed and re-hashed many times.
Old 04-18-2008, 03:31 PM   #8
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I believe Boylen is the one to do it. He has to undo all the damage done by Giacoletti. I believe Giacoletti did more damage to what Majerus had built than the amount done by Crowton to what Edwards built.
why weren't more Utah fans questioning the hire of Giacoletti? I'm just a disinterested bystander for the most part, but I could look at his barely over .500 record at E. Wash. and tell you it was a bad hire.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:39 PM   #9
UteStar

UteStar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
why weren't more Utah fans questioning the hire of Giacoletti? I'm just a disinterested bystander for the most part, but I could look at his barely over .500 record at E. Wash. and tell you it was a bad hire.
I think it was several things. People believed in Hill too much. I questioned it, but I also was accepting of it because I believed that maybe Hill found something in the guy that I just had not seen. My biggest issue with Giac is that he was a modest winner at EastWashington. He did OK, not spectacular and that made me nervous. It made me very nervous that he was not real outgoing either. But, like I said, I was more than willing to give Hill the benefit of the doubt.

I like Larry K...I thought he was going to be a terrific coach for Utah. But I also thought that we would be a pit stop for him. Boylen wants to be at Utah and that is real good. The jury is still out on Boylen, but I really like his enthusiasm, his knowledge of the game, his experience at different levels of coaching and his intensity. I don't care much for his intensity...yes, I said as a positive as well, but sometimes he goes too far the other way. He also needs to learn more at being a Head Coach. Otherwise, I am very excited to see how he does over the next couple of years.

Goatnapper: "UteStar is the only one who is not scum."
UteStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2008, 03:47 PM   #10
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by UteStar View Post
I think it was several things. People believed in Hill too much. I questioned it, but I also was accepting of it because I believed that maybe Hill found something in the guy that I just had not seen. My biggest issue with Giac is that he was a modest winner at EastWashington. He did OK, not spectacular and that made me nervous. It made me very nervous that he was not real outgoing either. But, like I said, I was more than willing to give Hill the benefit of the doubt.

I like Larry K...I thought he was going to be a terrific coach for Utah. But I also thought that we would be a pit stop for him. Boylen wants to be at Utah and that is real good. The jury is still out on Boylen, but I really like his enthusiasm, his knowledge of the game, his experience at different levels of coaching and his intensity. I don't care much for his intensity...yes, I said as a positive as well, but sometimes he goes too far the other way. He also needs to learn more at being a Head Coach. Otherwise, I am very excited to see how he does over the next couple of years.
I think the most likely situation at Utah is that Boylen got a pretty bad hand and is getting the most out of what he has. The jury is still out on whether he's going to bring in the talent they need to get back to where they want to be, but I think he's a pretty good coach.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote