cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-31-2006, 05:38 AM   #1
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Crypt Keepers have spoken...

R.F.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:49 AM   #2
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: The Crypt Keepers have spoken...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
But I will tell you all now, your clique sucks.
I don't know which way each person voted, but perhaps that's the attitude that many of them predicted.

This reminds me of a fan who watches a prized recruit slip away, then claim "we didn't want him in the first place."
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:59 AM   #3
Robin

r.f.
Old 01-31-2006, 06:50 AM   #4
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever
Quote:
But I will tell you all now, your clique sucks.
I don't know which way each person voted, but perhaps that's the attitude that many of them predicted.

This reminds me of a fan who watches a prized recruit slip away, then claim "we didn't want him in the first place."
I'm sure your clique is fine for you. But I wanted to be a part of it, and got the thumbs down. Who wouldn't be disappointed? Did you think I didn't mean it when I said I wanted to participate? I wanted to hang out, and I was told that I couldn't. THAT is what sucks. I'm sure the clique will continue to be the source of amazing conversations and enlightening intercourse.

Have fun. Seriously. I wish I could join you. But that is the way it goes.

r.f.

Man, this sucks. I just got here and people are already leaving because they can't have intercourse with each other.

Lame.
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 04:20 PM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
... and it doesn't look like I get to come in.

It would be a lie to say that it doesn't hurt.

I had to swallow my pride in order to come here in the first place, after what happened the first time I tried to join the board (long before everyone but Archaea and Mike). But after receiving a number of private emails and invites from some of you, I finally decided to give it a try. So, for two weeks, I tried to contribute, offering a new and (I had hoped) interesting perspective. Because I had been spoken against the board on CB, I thought I would start with the issues that kept me from the guard in the first place. I realize I probably alienated myself to many of you when I did that. For some reason I thought that it wouldn't matter, and that what I said, so long as it was true, would be accepted. My feelings were intense, and my language reflected that. Outside of that introduction, and a brief pissing match with AA, my tone has been pretty decent... or so I thought. But Mike brought the football to the field, and in the end, if this was the problem, I can understand that a majority decided to defer to support the guy who brought the ball.

The irony in this, if indeed my being pissed at Mike started me down the path of your collective rejection, is that for most of the last thirteen years, I have counted Mike Waters as one of my best and closest friends. And I think that is why it stung so much, when I originally joined (as the fifth person to join), full of hope and desire to help Mike start his new board, when he turned around and said, "I don't want you posting a bunch of liberal crap that will keep people away from the board." If it would have been almost anyone else, I would have gone my merry way. But it was Mike, and that made it hurt. So there was no way that I was going to be able to come to this board without putting some of that out there.

Anyhow, I have been very open about a lot of things. Hell, I have even put my REAL identity out on the line, in the link to my web page. The reason I did all of this was in the hope that being honest and open about who I am, I might be able to be part of the 'community' here. I'm not interested in being a second class citizen. I have put myself out there, and 'the tribe has spoken.' If, in being open and honest about who I am, I can't win your trust or acceptance, then I don't expect to win it at any time in the future either, because I don't think I am going to change for you guys.

So enjoy yourselves. But you have to understand -- rejection from the crypt, when I have made an honest effort to contribute to CG, means that I have been relegated to second-class citizen status. I doubt any of you would accept that. I can't accept that. So I bid you all farewell. It has been an enjoyable couple of weeks. You won't hear me carping on CG anymore on CB, because I can see the value in it. But I will tell you all now, your clique sucks. Rejection sucks. Getting picked last sucks. Being the only guy to get cut from the team sucks. But that is just the way it goes.

Ciao.

Rogan Ferguson
Fools go where the wise dare not go.

I'll try just once.

If you really care, you may wish to pay attention to what I post. If not, go about your way.

There are several posters here who have been denied admission to the Crypt for various reasons. And in your vote, there was no poll taken why you were rejected, but it wasn't unanimously.

You have a board persona that contributes a certain something. Yet you appear insincere. You have some obvious intelligence, but there incongruence. If you left the Church due to Krakauer's book being your defining moment, that's very odd.

In the Crypt, for the most part, most of us post respectfully, even if it is in disagreement. We have LDS and nonLDS members there. However, for the most part, there is sincerity, not just persona.

You have persona, to be certain, but your agenda, of undermining testimony, gay-baiting and gadflying is important for LDS and nonLDS to consider, when it's just persona, it sometimes rings hollow.

In the Crypt, we are shallow, not hollow.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:47 PM   #6
Robin

r.f.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:12 PM   #7
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

If its any consolation I am not in the crypt. Of course I don't contribute nearly as much or as well as everyone else who I am guessing is in the crypt. In fact, sometimes I wonder how do people post so fast about subjects while I always have trouble formulating posts. Robin I think you should stay even if you aren't "in the crypt" (that could be my new cool phrase "in the know"). Dissenting opinions are good to hear even if they are baiting or gadflying.
Old 01-31-2006, 05:17 PM   #8
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

I enjoy CG and CB, but I have to say the only thing I find troubling about this whole episode is that you are talking about the whole experience like you were banished from your house when in fact you were only prevented from particiapting in a small portion of a website whose only purpose is to host messages between a semi-anonymous group of sports fans. You are taking this WAAAAAAY too seriously, in my opinion. The crypt is not that big of deal; It is a very nice retreat, and it is good to have a limited audience, but for cryin' out loud (as my grandpa used to say) get over it! It hurts? You are telling me that this HURTS? You have got to be kidding me. This whole thing is a lark, a whim, a momentary escape from the drone of life where we can throw around ideas and sometimes be bolder or softer or more daring than we might otherwise be in person. If you are serious that you are hurt by this expereince, then I agree that you should be concerned about your relationship with the internet.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:20 PM   #9
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default ...

why not ask why you werent admitted instead of crying foul and going home?

your exclusion from the crypt has absolutely zero to do with your 'liberal' leanings, non-participation in the 'church', or your posts about homosexuality....

most here really appreciate your point of view and it adds to the site in a positive way....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2006, 05:24 PM   #10
Robin

r.f.