cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 01:01 PM   #11
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Don't discount my Washington Wizzzzzzaaaaaaadddddss!

That said, I think that it'll be Detroit Vs. Miami in the East and Shocker of Shockers San Antonio vs. The Clippers, yes those clippers with the Spurs and Pistons meeting in the final. Although I will add that I think Indiana has enough talent to get there.
Old 04-25-2006, 04:56 PM   #12
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

spurs look dang tough.. spurs win over miami in 5
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2006, 05:18 PM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by livecoug
spurs look dang tough.. spurs win over miami in 5
Miami really bothers me....

Sometimes they look so good, other times they look down right awful....

Have you ever watched an NBA team with 55 wins play so inconsistent? I wish Shaq would lose 30 lbs, that way teh inconsistency goes bye-bye....

I hate the Spurs btw, can't stand watching Tim Duncan, holy boring....
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 03:27 AM   #14
realtall

realtall is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to realtall

West: Tough call. San Antonio has looked a bit soft at times and Sacramento gave them all that they could handle. Tony Parker is banged up but the real question is Tim Duncan's foot. Has it fully healed? It bothered him the whole season. I think that the Mavs are going to give SA a difficult time in the upcoming series between them but I am going to take SA just because they've beaten the mavs too many times in similar situations. The mavs are playing very well right now, though.

East: Its between Detroit & Miami; Miami's defense is suspect and Detriot can really light it up if the other team isn't tight in that area.

Detriot v. San Antonio; San Antonio has gained a reputation as a team that can focus themselves and win in difficult circumstances. This series hinges on Duncan & Parker both being healthy. If Parker can start getting some rest between series and is able to let that leg heal AND if Duncan's foot is really ready to go then it could be a dogfight. Also, Ginobili needs to be more consistant with his scoring than he was v. Sacramento.

Even so, Detroit has been the more consistant team this season. Chauncey Billups got some mvp votes and Rip Hamilton has been paying great all season. The Pistons in 6.

Last edited by realtall; 05-07-2006 at 03:30 AM.
realtall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 04:09 AM   #15
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

My biggest problem is the seeding this year. There is no way the two best teams in the West should be playing each other in the second round. Spurs-Mavs should be epic but I expect the Spurs to take it in 6.

Detroit should easily handle anyone out East and then win the finals. I hate Rip Hamilton, ugh.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2006, 05:08 AM   #16
realtall

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33
My biggest problem is the seeding this year. There is no way the two best teams in the West should be playing each other in the second round. Spurs-Mavs should be epic but I expect the Spurs to take it in 6.

Detroit should easily handle anyone out East and then win the finals. I hate Rip Hamilton, ugh.

Its the mask, isn't it?
Old 05-07-2006, 05:30 AM   #17
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by realtall
Its the mask, isn't it?
It is. I mean honestly, take the damn thing off. I really don't care for most of the Pistons except for Rasheed. I really can't explain why I do since I think he has the potential to be a top 5 player of all time but is too lazy to realize that potential. But I still like him.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2006, 04:47 PM   #18
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Detroit looks awfully good.

And it appears their "slow it down and slug it out" label was just a product of Larry Brown's coaching.

Detroit can run with you, hit it from the outside, take you inside, and defend, to boot.

I think they win it all.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 11:52 PM   #19
livecoug

livecoug is an unknown quantity at this point

i changed my vote to the Clips, baby.. go Clips!
livecoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2006, 01:53 AM   #20
realtall

I am amending my prediction!

*Drumroll*

I no longer think that the Spurs will go to the finals. You can put this down as the lock of the week

At this point I think that Miami has a good shot at the finals if Detroit doesn't pull their head out of the sand. I didn't think that Miami was good enough to get this far but they are looking good and the pistons look very vulnerable right now.

Mavs/Suns - It could go either way. There are 2 major factors in this series.

1. Can the Suns keep it up? This is a team with a 6 deep lineup who plays breakneck speed and has played in 2 consecutive 7 game series. Will the suns wear down? They showed signs of it in game 1 until Steve Nash took over in the last 2 minutes(CURSES to Nash!!!!). Losing Raja Bell for 1 or 2 games didn't help matters.

2. Can the Mavs consistantly play tighter defense and force Phoenix into something that they really don't want to do(like a half-court game)? The Mavs were all over the place in game 1. I expect a much better and more disciplined effort in game 2. AJ is great at making adjustments. But can they do it consistantly? The injury to Josh Howard may end up hurting the mavs against the suns as he copes with phoenix's cutting style well.

This series is too close to call.