cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2007, 04:41 AM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Did barry bonds use steroids? I dont know, does evidence point to the fact that he probably did? Yes. But if it is so obvious that he cheated then why are we on our 3rd grand jury, why has George Mitchell the MLBs private investigator been at it for over a year, as well as many other investigators and the only inkling of evidence is a leaked grand jury testimony, yet he is still playing, he still just broke the record and we still have no indictment?

You cant tell me that he was the one player that covered his tracks that well, especially when all of BALCO went down.

So until it is proven without a shadow of a doubt I will enjoy the moment and know that i just watched history be made.

Barry Lamar Bonds is the greatest homerun hitter to ever live.
He doesn't have to be indicted for a felony before a preponderance of the evidence says he's a cheating steroid user dickhead. It's well beyond preponderence. There are eye-witnesses and plenty of circumstantial evidence. He's a chemically created freak. Who cares about this.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 04:42 AM   #12
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
It was a different time. Baseball was much bigger. And you didn't have all the media choices you do now. The fact that Barry is Barry doesn't help but I don't think you'll see that kind of attention again regardless.
You don't think it has a little bit to do with the fact that Hank Aaron was a class act all the way and Barry is arguably the most egocentric sports star in history? Come on....
Old 08-08-2007, 04:50 AM   #13
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
You don't think it has a little bit to do with the fact that Hank Aaron was a class act all the way and Barry is arguably the most egocentric sports star in history? Come on....
He hates the media, isn't the best team player, but is loved by his close unit, in fact revered. I think America has consumed too much of the media Kool-Aid on Lamar.

756, absolutely amazing.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 05:03 AM   #14
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
He s the media, isn't the best team player, but is loved by his close unit, in fact revered. I think America has consumed too much of the media Kool-Aid on Lamar.
Hoo boy. What are you smoking?
Old 08-08-2007, 06:01 AM   #15
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

I don't hate Bonds. I think he gets too much of the blame for the steroid era when there is plenty of it to go around and not just for hitters. We don't know how many pitchers were juicing (cough-Roger Clemens- cough) and how that might have affected hitters. Bottom line, my reaction was much like the fans' reaction in San Diego when he tied the record. They booed him at the plate, but when he hit the HR they all cheered. It's exciting to see history made, even when some of it may have been manufactured.

Hank Aaron's video message added some legitimacy to the record imo.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 06:13 AM   #16
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I don't hate Bonds. I think he gets too much of the blame for the steroid era when there is plenty of it to go around and not just for hitters. We don't know how many pitchers were juicing (cough-Roger Clemens- cough) and how that might have affected hitters. Bottom line, my reaction was much like the fans' reaction in San Diego when he tied the record. They booed him at the plate, but when he hit the HR they all cheered. It's exciting to see history made, even when some of it may have been manufactured.

Hank Aaron's video message added some legitimacy to the record imo.
This is what Jayson Stark of espn.com said:

I always feel a little squeamish quoting Jose Canseco. But one thing he told Congress that day in March 2005 was absolutely true. He said it's impossible for any of us to know exactly how many more home runs anybody hit because he was taking steroids or anything else. And, of course, it's impossible to know how many more someone might have hit if the pitchers weren't taking them, too.

Bottomline is that Barry put the bat on the ball. He gets two kudos from me.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 12:32 PM   #17
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

CNN said that Barry set the "world record" for home runs in a career.

I hate idiots like that. Sadaharu Oh hit more homers. It's only accurate to say "MLB record".

Professional baseball sucks.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 01:16 PM   #18
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

The only thing special about that moment last night was a teaching moment if you have kids, or for ourselves for that matter.

That while yes you can break records and go down in history, but it will come at the cost of ones own personal integrity and honesty.

Barry Bonds is a piece of crap.
Old 08-08-2007, 01:17 PM   #19
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
He hates the media, isn't the best team player, but is loved by his close unit, in fact revered. I think America has consumed too much of the media Kool-Aid on Lamar.

756, absolutely amazing.
Yeah but you consume copious amounts of Kool-Aid...or whatever drug it is that you're constantly on because of your extraordinarily bizarre viewpoints and wacked out thought processes
Old 08-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #20
TheSizzle36

TheSizzle36 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Yeah but you consume copious amounts of Kool-Aid...or whatever drug it is that you're constantly on because of your extraordinarily bizarre viewpoints and wacked out thought processes
Look, why not leave Fus alone? You could have done without that cheap shot...
TheSizzle36 is offline   Reply With Quote