cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-24-2008, 06:30 PM   #21
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipiTau View Post
Nick Diaz didn't look too great in his last fight, then caused a scene afterwards; I don't think he'll be in the UFC in the near future. He needs to shut up and let his skills stand out. Have you seen a fighter more prone to cuts than Diaz? Guy needs to learn how to cover up.
He is considering having plastic surgery to thicken up the old cuts and scar tissue. Pretty extreme step for a guy to take but he has to do something. I think this is where most of his cockiness comes from (he's never been finished) all his losses were from cuts or he just didn't have enough time to work his magic (same thing Royce Gracie used to say).

He has been beaten to a bloody pulp but never finished. To his credit I have never seen him close to being finished. Gomi is the only one I have seen that even wobbled him.

I think if Gomi goes into that fight in shape he finishes him, speculation obviously, but I hope someone else steps up and shuts his arrogant mouth.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:33 PM   #22
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
He is considering having plastic surgery to thicken up the old cuts and scar tissue. Pretty extreme step for a guy to take but he has to do something. I think this is where most of his cockiness comes from.

He has been beaten to a bloody pulp but never finished. To his credit I have never seen him close to being finished. Gomi is the only one I have seen that even wobbled him.

I think if Gomi goes into that fight in shape he finishes him, speculation obviously, but I hope someone else steps up and shuts his arrogant mouth.
Nick Diaz lost his last fight to KJ Noons via TKO. Here is what he looked like afterwards. He just recently had surgery to repair all the scar tissue around his eyes and nose. He is scheduled to fight again at the end of april possibly a rematch against Gomi.

Old 01-24-2008, 06:45 PM   #23
Taq Man

Taq Man is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Nick Diaz lost his last fight to KJ Noons via TKO. Here is what he looked like afterwards. He just recently had surgery to repair all the scar tissue around his eyes and nose. He is scheduled to fight again at the end of april possibly a rematch against Gomi.

I don't have Showtime and did not see the fight. Was it a legit TKO? or did Nick pop right up and complain that the ref is an idiot? I would love to see Diaz vs Gomi 2 the first fight was friggin awesome.
Taq Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 06:50 PM   #24
cougjunkie

Quote:
I don't have Showtime and did not see the fight. Was it a legit TKO? or did Nick pop right up and complain that the ref is an idiot? I would love to see Diaz vs Gomi 2 the first fight was friggin awesome.
It wasnt legit the doctor stopped it after the first round. Nick was getting dominated but like all of his fights he was still coming forward.
Old 01-24-2008, 06:56 PM   #25
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Typical Diaz fight, him throwing his patty cake punches and eating a ton of shots in return. Starts bleeding over and under his eye and his mouth. Doesn't look to be in any danger, but the doctor stops the fight between the 1st & 2nd round. He leaves the ring yelling and giving the ref/doctor the one finger salute. One thing I'll give Diaz, is that when you think he's done, he fights harder. I'll see if I can find a vid of the fight.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 07:43 PM   #26
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Tonight was very boring. Don't judge the sport by one night. Many boxing matches are just as boring. Sometimes you get a good night of fights, sometimes they're all stinkers. Its all about styles and matchups.
You make a good point about not judging based on one night and another good point about how some boxing matches are boring as well. Of course, I grew up watching guys like Ali (who was never boring), Frazier, Foreman, Leonard, Benitez, Haggler and fighters like that so boxing was rarely boring back then.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 08:05 PM   #27
cougjunkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
You make a good point about not judging based on one night and another good point about how some boxing matches are boring as well. Of course, I grew up watching guys like Ali (who was never boring), Frazier, Foreman, Leonard, Benitez, Haggler and fighters like that so boxing was rarely boring back then.
Well did you at least hear Burkmans comments at the end where he said he owes everything to his pony league baseball coach, Garth the mortician.
Old 01-24-2008, 09:00 PM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Well did you at least hear Burkmans comments at the end where he said he owes everything to his pony league baseball coach, Garth the mortician.
Dang - I missed that.

He does owe me something. I taught him how to throw down to first at the runner's head and make everyone think that he was just trying to catch the runner leading a bit too far off the base.

Josh is a nice kid. I wish him well in this.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2008, 09:05 PM   #29
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I like Nate. I liked on the UFC season he was on how he wouldn't back down from Karo who is a chump in my opinion. Nick is a prick but he makes for entertaining fights. And everyone hates him. You need a good heel that will keep fighting and bleed all over the place.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2008, 09:23 PM   #30
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

The UFC seems to be on its way to being finished. I almost can't bear to watch it anymore. I hope HDNet fights can get going and M-1 can organize some legitimate fights over the next little while.

Griffin a title fight?
Arlovski on the shelf?
Sherk an immediate title fight after being busted for roids?
No real competition, save Dan Heno, for Anderson Silva?
Fight Nights with Burkman as the headlining fight?
Ken Flo not getting a title shot?
Jardine on the shelf after whooping Chuck's ass?
Contract disputes with Tito, Randy, Barnett, Lindland?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote