cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2008, 04:12 PM   #1
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road
Default Is anyone else

getting excited for baseball?

Il Pad's moving avatar (self portraiture, I'm sure) is getting me fired up. I think this is going to be a really good MLB season

[And we can go ahead and skip all the "who cares about boring baseball" posts too.]

Man, I have cabin fever.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:15 PM   #2
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

I've got a fever too... and the only prescription is more cowbelll... errrr baseball

Only 12 days to go!
Old 03-19-2008, 04:16 PM   #3
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Who's your team?

I'm anxious to see how soon Ken Griffey gets injured, how soon Adam Dunn demands a trade, how soon we regret trading Josh Hamilton, and how soon Dusty Baker can choke on a toothpick.

Reds baseball! Catch the Fever!
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:17 PM   #4
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I AM! And this is purposely in all caps to denote yelling.

Next weekend is the Dodgers/Red Sox exhibition at the LA Coliseum. It will be an amazing experience, plus a world record for largest attedance at a baseball game....115,000.

I cant wait to see the converted coliseum, just like back in the old days after the move from Brooklyn, before I was born. That is going to be sweet.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:21 PM   #5
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

I'm always excited for the first week of baseball season. As an O's fan the first week is great. After that first week, they should be about 5 games out of first and it isn't quite so fun after that.

I am looking forward to seeing Adam Jones finally realize his potential, however.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:25 PM   #6
Solon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I AM! And this is purposely in all caps to denote yelling.

Next weekend is the Dodgers/Red Sox exhibition at the LA Coliseum. It will be an amazing experience, plus a world record for largest attedance at a baseball game....115,000.

I cant wait to see the converted coliseum, just like back in the old days after the move from Brooklyn, before I was born. That is going to be sweet.
I'm a non-frontrunning Red Sox guy - I've liked them since I visited Boston in the mid-80s as a kid, when the Deseret News was covering Bruce Hurst's every start, and the '86 WS is pretty much my first baseball memory. I was too young to realize how close they had come, but I've never blamed Buckner. The Sox should have won Game 7.

My favorite Sox memory (besides obvious ALCS and WS events of the past 3.5 years) is Pedro coming out of the bullpen in '99 and nailing the coffin shut on the Indians. "Wake up the Bambino. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass."

My NL team is the Pirates (Woo-hoo!) I only live about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, and the tickets are cheap. But man, they suck. Phillies fans are insufferable, though, so I've pledged my allegiance to Pittsburgh.
Old 03-19-2008, 04:26 PM   #7
Solon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
I've got a fever too... and the only prescription is more cowbelll... errrr baseball

Only 12 days to go!
Dude, love the avatar. Did we take that picture or did you just find it online?
Old 03-19-2008, 04:31 PM   #8
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solon View Post
I'm a non-frontrunning Red Sox guy - I've liked them since I visited Boston in the mid-80s as a kid, when the Deseret News was covering Bruce Hurst's every start, and the '86 WS is pretty much my first baseball memory. I was too young to realize how close they had come, but I've never blamed Buckner. The Sox should have won Game 7.

My favorite Sox memory (besides obvious ALCS and WS events of the past 3.5 years) is Pedro coming out of the bullpen in '99 and nailing the coffin shut on the Indians. "Wake up the Bambino. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass."

My NL team is the Pirates (Woo-hoo!) I only live about 3 hours from Pittsburgh, and the tickets are cheap. But man, they suck. Phillies fans are insufferable, though, so I've pledged my allegiance to Pittsburgh.
I am an unapologetic Dodger fan, but was able to see the Blue play the Sox a few years back at Fenway during interleague. It was a great experience.

I think McCourt is more excited about seeing the Sox play next week than he is seeing his own team play. That guy is a Boston homer and will never be accepted in this town. One of the first things he talked about when he arrived in LA was "streamlining concessions." Not a bad idea, except he spoke about possibly elimintating grilled Dodger Dogs and converting everything to steamed. basically, that was the end of his "honeymoon period" in LA.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:46 PM   #9
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

I've spent Spring Training trying to break my Giants habit and cheer for a different team, and it's not working. But let me say I hate Brian Sabean with every fiber of my being.

Go Giants.
Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 04:52 PM   #10
Solon

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I am an unapologetic Dodger fan, but was able to see the Blue play the Sox a few years back at Fenway during interleague. It was a great experience.

I think McCourt is more excited about seeing the Sox play next week than he is seeing his own team play. That guy is a Boston homer and will never be accepted in this town. One of the first things he talked about when he arrived in LA was "streamlining concessions." Not a bad idea, except he spoke about possibly elimintating grilled Dodger Dogs and converting everything to steamed. basically, that was the end of his "honeymoon period" in LA.
What an ass. Don't mess with the Dodger Dogs.

My wife is a pretty big Dodger Fan, but she's a little torn because Scoscia manages the Angels. Sometimes I think if I taped a picture of Mike to my forehead I'd get lucky more often.