cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2008, 03:55 PM   #1
A-Train

A-Train is on a distinguished road
Default Is what the Spanish Team did racist?

http://sports.espn.go.com/oly/summer...cap?gameId=772

We live in such a friggin retarded world. Why the hell is that racist? Are Chinese people or any "Asian" people ashamed of their slanted eyes? If the olympics were in Jamaica and they all put on dreadlock wigs would that be racist? What if the Olympics were in Egypt and they were doing the "walk like an egyptian dance"? How about France and everyone brought a white flag to wave? If the Olympics were in Europe and the Chinese team opened their eyes really wide would that be racist? How about the Polish boblsed team dressing up for their Salt Lake winter olympics photo in Mormon Missionary blue suits, white shirts, ties and sitting on 10-speed bikes? Whatever. I guess if Michael Jackson wants to be white the rest of the world does too and anytime you point out someone's physical features that differs from your basic Caucasian it is racist. No one can possibly defend this photo as racist. Hell I'm proud to be a "round-eye" and I assume that those with more slanted eyes are proud of their eyes too. And if someone else is ashamed to have some other shape then that needs to be well publicized so I know that what they have is somehow shameful and can be careful not to offend them. Maybe there can be a list kept in the U.N. that outlines all of the really loathsome physical characteristics that we cannot mimic or mention. Slanted eyes, black skin, small feet, whatever else there is. I need to know so I don't offend anyone. I need China, as a nation, to issue an official statement, in writing, that their slanted eyes is something that really bothers them and that they feel like they are less than those with round eyes. I want the statement signed by at least half of the population. If I can get this statement on the record and if you can show that the Spanish Basketball team was aware of this statement then and only then will I accept what they did as "racist". Dumbasses. The photo is damn funny

Why is it that it appears that Judges play a lot more in the Olympics than ever before. I hear that they are getting rid of Women’s Softball. Most of those chicks are built like tanks but it's a hell of alot more entertaining than synchronized diving. What the hell is that? and why is it that when they add some ass monkey event to the olympics it always involves subjected judging? Yes, it would be a damn shame to come up with events that have a finish line. I am ready for ultimate fighting in the olympics. Judge that beeeeeyatch. The guy that leaves the cage is the winner. The dude that has to pickup body parts when he wakes up is the loser. And if the Korean judge takes issue then we throw his ass into the cage, right? I friggin pried my kneecaps off last night b/c I lost my remote and had to watch Boob costas and the freaking lurch chick doing "color" stories about China intermixed with synchronized diving. Holy crap, I would rather do the ADM meeting every morning than go through that again. If I want to see how Chinese people eat I'll go to get some damn Hunan, Pei Wei, or LeeAnn Chin and if I want to see how they live I will watch the friggin Travel channel.

They are dumping baseball from the Olympics. What a joke. Maybe it will be replaced with synchronized rhythmic gymnastics or maybe some synchronized crying because that is what I will do tonight when I turn on the Olympics to see another stupid made up diving event that exists only for the olympics. How about an event where that crazy chinese guy is let loose to stab Boob Costas and that friggin annoying lurch chick that keeps doing those touching stories about the locals, now that is something that I would watch. The mere fact that there are people with the time on their hands to make a big deal about the spanish team photo means that to 1) give these losers something important to bitch about and 2) to kill off the freakin dead weight of our society that contribute nothing and cry about a funny picture.
Bottom line, the spanish team photo is funny not racist. I am going to get a copy and frame it for my house.
A-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:22 PM   #2
Flystripper

Flystripper is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-Train View Post
The photo is damn funny
What makes the photo funny exactly?
Flystripper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:52 PM   #3
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #4
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

If you're a liberal it's racist and outrageous.

If you're everyone else it's political correctness once again run amok.

Also,,,if the US Team had done this...holy shit,,,,the scrutiny the Spanish team is under is a tiny speck compared to how bad everyone would've freaked out were it the US Team.

Can't remember who the quote was from but it goes something like this: "Someday I hope we're all able to put our differences behind us and just laugh at each other."
Old 08-15-2008, 12:54 AM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

It's ok to be racist against Asians.

Now, if the team dressed in black face, you would probably get a couple more people on this board to say that that's inappropriate.

Rocky, definitely would say it's all just fun. And that the water melon slices and chicken wings made it even more funny.

I hope Rocky you are born as a cockroach in the next life, because that's the karma you are racking up.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:12 AM   #6
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point

Of course it's offensive, was this a serious post? You don't make slant eyes because that's a gesture that people have been making for hundreds of years to mock the chinese and other Asians. It's never been a gesture made "all in good fun". How the hell can it be 2008 and there be people out there who don't realize this?
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:47 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, what they did was racist. And I'm one to think political correctness has been the start of the downfall of the United States.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 01:52 AM   #8
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
Of course it's offensive, was this a serious post? You don't make slant eyes because that's a gesture that people have been making for hundreds of years to mock the chinese and other Asians. It's never been a gesture made "all in good fun". How the hell can it be 2008 and there be people out there who don't realize this?
You must be one of them intellectual mullahs.
Old 08-15-2008, 03:22 AM   #9
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
It's ok to be racist against Asians.

Now, if the team dressed in black face, you would probably get a couple more people on this board to say that that's inappropriate.

Rocky, definitely would say it's all just fun. And that the water melon slices and chicken wings made it even more funny.

I hope Rocky you are born as a cockroach in the next life, because that's the karma you are racking up.
You were already born as a piece of shit, so karma must've bent you over something fierce already.

Since that's already the case, and you've lengthy experience being a piece of fecal matter, I can only imagine what happens to you the next go around.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 08-15-2008 at 03:26 AM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2008, 03:30 AM   #10
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
You were already born as a piece of shit, so karma must've bent you over something fierce already.

Since that's already the case, and you've lengthy experience being a piece of fecal matter, I can only imagine what happens to you the next go around.
wow! that was the edited version?

mikewaters may have been unnecessarily harsh with you. I read your initial response to be a lash at both sides.....that while liberals tend to be over-sensitive, conservatives tend to be insensitive and simply brush everything off as someone else's hyper-sensitivity. I think there is some merit to the sentiment, although not sure I would tie it to political party. There are plenty of conservatives who would not have made that gesture and plenty of liberals who would have.

I think Steel's point is very relevant....holy crap....hasn't everyone received the racism memo yet? How hard is it to not use certain words or make certain gestures? Is it really that difficult?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote