cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-26-2006, 04:36 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Wow, some lively discussion....

this weekend.

Is it wise to put us in groups, ie, ex-mormons, mormons with brains, morbots, etc?

I think the idea that a prophet/apostles are always speaking the will of the Lord is a highly dangerous way of thinking. If they always are, why the inconsistencies of doctrine? Why are loopy things said about evolution, the moon, dinosaurs?

I wouldn't be a member of the church if I believed the apostles/prophets always spoke the will of the Lord. How could one honestly be part of an organization that has espoused racism, demeaned women, demonized certain sects of worship, etc, and claimed to be the mouthpiece of the Lord? I could never feel confident about my standing with our Heavenly Father and Savior if I belonged to an organization such as this.

Fortunately for me I accept the things said many times by past and present, (the stories I could relate) leaders as the shortcomings of very mortal men trying to do the best they can.

In the end I believe, somebody who thinks, feels, reasons, such as I is far more of a 'morbot' than one who absolves himself from certain levels of scholarship.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2006, 04:37 PM   #2
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Please find a post where anyone has said that the prophet is always speaking for the Lord.

Thank you.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote