cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-07-2008, 03:04 PM   #11
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
When you get banned by 20 different websites, does it ever give you the opportunity for some introspection to figure out what the fundamental problems with your posting are?

The solution ain't more cowbell.
lol! That was very funny. What we need... is more cowbell!
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 06:24 PM   #12
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUTexan View Post
What the hell is wrong with it? I was simply trying to get the discussion rolling on the next years BCS buster and got flamed for it. Seriously.
BYU is a mid-major. So is Utah. And every other team in a non-BCS conference.

That is an unfortunate fact.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:05 PM   #13
cambo

cambo is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I was on hornfans.com where I was introducing BYU as the next BCS darling, when I get attacked by some Texas fans and a Utard posing as a BYU fan. Check out this debate. I got banned BTW for telling the guy making the personal attack to shove it:
http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...b=5&o=0&fpart=
"possibly contend for the 2009 National Title"...you've got to be kidding me right? Please say you are kidding. Tell me you were just pulling someone's chain on that one. You don't really believe that do you? Come on man, that's just a stupid thing to say. Of course people are going to flame away when you make such ridiculous comments.
cambo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:12 PM   #14
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

I laugh when people get pissed off at such a deisgnation.

That thread was basically the conversations I hear in my office every week during college football season....minus me trying to convince everyone that BYU is not a mid major.

Here is the newsflash.....if you live outside of Utah, everyone views the Y and the U as a mid-major. Even the year when the U won in the Fiesta, the story was of a feel-good BCS buster, not a legitimate team that deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as the BCS elite that year.

I am fine with it. And it makes it sweeter when we beat those guys. Although it would be nice if we beat them more often....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:48 PM   #15
BYUTexan

BYUTexan is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cambo View Post
"possibly contend for the 2009 National Title"...you've got to be kidding me right? Please say you are kidding. Tell me you were just pulling someone's chain on that one. You don't really believe that do you? Come on man, that's just a stupid thing to say. Of course people are going to flame away when you make such ridiculous comments.
Well if we start off ranked in the top 20, esp top 15-16 and don't lose a single game than anything is possible. If BYU was undefeated this year, I think we would have played in New Orleans this year. I do understand the fact that the system was designed to make it much harder for us to play for it all, but had we been undefeated than we couldn't have been left out. To contend is to compete, as in we competed for the MNC back in 1996.

The eyes of Texas are upon you Michael Reed (and David Nixon).
BYUTexan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:50 PM   #16
CJF

CJF is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

That thread was basically the conversations I hear in my office every week during college football season....minus me trying to convince everyone that BYU is not a mid major.

Here is the newsflash.....if you live outside of Utah, everyone views the Y and the U as a mid-major. Even the year when the U won in the Fiesta, the story was of a feel-good BCS buster, not a legitimate team that deserved to be mentioned in the same breath as the BCS elite that year.

I am fine with it. And it makes it sweeter when we beat those guys. Although it would be nice if we beat them more often....

I agree. I also think it would help if our cheerleaders wore sweaters.
CJF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #17
BYUTexan

Quote:

But with conference affiliations aside? Would you call a program that is in the top 26 in attendance, has the facilities and funding as well as the tradition that we have a mid-major? Are we an elite program, not yet, but we are no longer middle of the pack anymore these past couple of years.

Old 03-07-2008, 07:53 PM   #18
BYUTexan

Quote:
Originally Posted by CJF View Post
I agree. I also think it would help if our cheerleaders wore sweaters.
or nothing at all Just Kidding

Old 03-07-2008, 08:16 PM   #19
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
The BCS is a bunch of pussies. They talk big, but don't want to back up their mouths. Had they had Utah play Auburn and had Auburn rolled the Utes, Boise State and Hawaii never would have gotten into a BCS game because the argument that BCS teams are so much superior would have been proven.

Instead, they got skeered and sacrificed a lousy Pitt team in order to appease the little guys. Now they have to allow a little guy in to be consistent in the way they run their little club.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 08:34 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
But with conference affiliations aside? Would you call a program that is in the top 26 in attendance, has the facilities and funding as well as the tradition that we have a mid-major? Are we an elite program, not yet, but we are no longer middle of the pack anymore these past couple of years.
We dont win enough of the BCS conference games that we schedule. Once we start winning those with regularity (not necessarily undefeated), then we could garner more respect.

Our conference is horrible. Lame teams that nobody cares about. No national appeal. Regional interest. That is why we are mid-major. Granted, of all the mids, I think we are literally at the top in terms of accomplishments and traditions.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote