cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-06-2008, 02:37 PM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Do weak schedule proponents forfeit right to complain about polls?

I believe they do.

Discuss...
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 02:52 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I believe they do.

Discuss...
I agree. Further I don't understand why anyone is upset by the polls. BYU is in a great position. If they win out then they get all things that they dreamed about. In fact I think BYU is probably garnering more national respect than they deserve this year, but the program has proven itself the past two years so the Y starts where it did.

I thought BYU played poorly for a lot of Friday's game, but most of it came after they had a 34-0 lead. But I am not particularly despondent about the whole thing. One of the biggest keys to a good year is to have your shitiest games against your shitiest opponents. I think Archaea sets us all the perfect example of overreaction. After the UCLA game he thought BYU was a legitimate top 5 team, now he is predicting an upset loss at CSU. Either he has a serious ph imbalance or a vagina. LOL! My opinion is BYU is probably a top 15 club. I don't want to spend the time figuring out my own top 25 but I am still skeptical BYU is a legitimate top 10 team. Regardless, I think a top 15 team is still one hell of a good college football team and one hell of an accomplishment for BYU.

It gives opponents something to get worked up about and then convince themselves that BYU sucks on the road leading up to the TCU game. BYU will then win that game in minorly convincing fashion, by 10-17 points, with Max Hall having another great game. I think that perhaps JazzyUte might even breakdown and do a MWC power rating on his blog. LOL!

I expect after the TCU game Archaea will be back on board with myself and you good brethren and a cistern or two.

I agree that this year's schedule sucks hind titty!
Old 10-06-2008, 03:19 PM   #3
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
I agree. Further I don't understand why anyone is upset by the polls. BYU is in a great position. If they win out then they get all things that they dreamed about. In fact I think BYU is probably garnering more national respect than they deserve this year, but the program has proven itself the past two years so the Y starts where it did.

I thought BYU played poorly for a lot of Friday's game, but most of it came after they had a 34-0 lead. But I am not particularly despondent about the whole thing. One of the biggest keys to a good year is to have your shitiest games against your shitiest opponents. I think Archaea sets us all the perfect example of overreaction. After the UCLA game he thought BYU was a legitimate top 5 team, now he is predicting an upset loss at CSU. Either he has a serious ph imbalance or a vagina. LOL! My opinion is BYU is probably a top 15 club. I don't want to spend the time figuring out my own top 25 but I am still skeptical BYU is a legitimate top 10 team. Regardless, I think a top 15 team is still one hell of a good college football team and one hell of an accomplishment for BYU.

It gives opponents something to get worked up about and then convince themselves that BYU sucks on the road leading up to the TCU game. BYU will then win that game in minorly convincing fashion, by 10-17 points, with Max Hall having another great game. I think that perhaps JazzyUte might even breakdown and do a MWC power rating on his blog. LOL!

I expect after the TCU game Archaea will be back on board with myself and you good brethren and a cistern or two.

I agree that this year's schedule sucks hind titty!
I don't know how good we are. Probably about 10-12. We should be happy with that. It's all we need to get in the BCS. And when we schedule like we do, we can't seriously expect to be considered for national championship game.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I don't know how good we are. Probably about 10-12. We should be happy with that. It's all we need to get in the BCS. And when we schedule like we do, we can't seriously expect to be considered for national championship game.
Even if we schedule well I still struggle to see BYU deserving a NC shot under the current scenario. If BYU schedules 2-3 good BCS programs, that means that BYU plays 4-5 good teams in a year. I find it hard to convince myself BYU is deserving of a spot over a one loss SEC team who plays 7-8 good teams in a year.

Saying all that years of experience have taught me that it is all a year by year judgement.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:49 PM   #5
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Any national championship talk was made when Washington was going to struggle for .500 and UCLA was a rising star figuring to challenge USC for dominance in the PAC-1.

There will be little if any more such talk this year. BYU still has total control of its BCS destiny.
Old 10-06-2008, 03:52 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Even if we schedule well I still struggle to see BYU deserving a NC shot under the current scenario. If BYU schedules 2-3 good BCS programs, that means that BYU plays 4-5 good teams in a year. I find it hard to convince myself BYU is deserving of a spot over a one loss SEC team who plays 7-8 good teams in a year.

Saying all that years of experience have taught me that it is all a year by year judgement.
So you, in essence, also agree that BYU is basically a mid-major and that the BCS conferences (or at least the SEC) are superior?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:53 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
Any national championship talk was made when Washington was going to struggle for .500 and UCLA was a rising star figuring to challenge USC for dominance in the PAC-1.

There will be little if any more such talk this year. BYU still has total control of its BCS destiny.
Actually, i think at that point I declared UCLA to be horrible. Some here thought there was insufficent data to come to that conclusion....

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-06-2008, 03:54 PM   #8
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
So you, in essence, also agree that BYU is basically a mid-major and that the BCS conferences (or at least the SEC) are superior?
What's your point? You need everyone to bow down to you and USC?
Old 10-06-2008, 03:56 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

Quote:
What's your point? You need everyone to bow down to you and USC?
What does USC have to do with this? Stay on point.

My point is that BYU is a mid major. And that most here seem to believe this in their heart of hearts, although many have a tough time admitting it.

Goat just seemed to finally admit it.

You?

Old 10-06-2008, 03:59 PM   #10
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
What does USC have to do with this? Stay on point.

My point is that BYU is a mid major. And that most here seem to believe this in their heart of hearts, although many have a tough time admitting it.

Goat just seemed to finally admit it.

You?
What is a mid major?