cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2008, 08:04 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So I just talked to my friend that plays for Oregon State......

He said that after the game it was crazy, that he was in the middle of the students and it was out of control he said he has never felt anything like that before.

Also said that the game plan was to make Sanchez beat them, he said they felt like Sanchez was solid but that they had to contain the run game first.

He said Quizz is unbelievable and some of the moves he puts on guys in practice are just sickening. No one expected the type of game he had but they knew he was a special player.

Sammie Stroughter will be 100% for Utah, and they will also have Jeremy Perry (all-american guard) back for Utah. Also Simi Kuli (5star, LDS d-end)is supposed to be eligible on Monday. If Kuli doesnt get in to school on Monday he will wait until January.

Most teams will just watch film the day after the game, but because Riley wants them to re-focus immediately they are having a full practice today and they are starting game prep for Utah.

He has already watched some film on Utah and being from here he knows a lot of the players really well, he said Asiata is a load and they will really have to gang tackle him.

Also he said that BJ does not scare him that much but the speed of the receivers make him look good.

Anyways just a few thoughts from him. I will try to find out more about the gameplan vs Utah the beginning of the next week.

One other thing I didnt know, I am sure Sipi did however, Fili Moala is Haloti Ngatas first cousin, Filis dad and Halotis mom are brother and sister.

He also told me that Penn States O-line was a lot more physical than USC. He said SCs was bigger but they relied on pure strength and not much technique.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:08 PM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for that great insight, junkie.

That RB was sick. Being so small but so strong made it almost impossible for USC last night.

The Utes certainly have their work cut out for them.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:10 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Thanks for that great insight, junkie.

That RB was sick. Being so small but so strong made it almost impossible for USC last night.

The Utes certainly have their work cut out for them.
By the way he wasnt ripping BJ, he just said that receivers speed really stood out on film.
Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #4
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Great intel, junkmeister. Thanks.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:16 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
By the way he wasnt ripping BJ, he just said that receivers speed really stood out on film.
I didn't take it that way at all. In fact, I agree with the assessment.

I like BJ, but he is holding the ball way too long. He needs to be quicker checking receivers or be willing to slip out of the pocket and run. I don't blame him if he's a bit gun shy - a season-ending knee injury and a shoulder injury will do that. I just want to see him make the defense have to work harder for sacks.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 08:24 PM   #6
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
He said that after the game it was crazy, that he was in the middle of the students and it was out of control he said he has never felt anything like that before.

Also said that the game plan was to make Sanchez beat them, he said they felt like Sanchez was solid but that they had to contain the run game first.

He said Quizz is unbelievable and some of the moves he puts on guys in practice are just sickening. No one expected the type of game he had but they knew he was a special player.

Sammie Stroughter will be 100% for Utah, and they will also have Jeremy Perry (all-american guard) back for Utah. Also Simi Kuli (5star, LDS d-end)is supposed to be eligible on Monday. If Kuli doesnt get in to school on Monday he will wait until January.

Most teams will just watch film the day after the game, but because Riley wants them to re-focus immediately they are having a full practice today and they are starting game prep for Utah.

He has already watched some film on Utah and being from here he knows a lot of the players really well, he said Asiata is a load and they will really have to gang tackle him.

Also he said that BJ does not scare him that much but the speed of the receivers make him look good.

Anyways just a few thoughts from him. I will try to find out more about the gameplan vs Utah the beginning of the next week.

One other thing I didnt know, I am sure Sipi did however, Fili Moala is Haloti Ngatas first cousin, Filis dad and Halotis mom are brother and sister.

He also told me that Penn States O-line was a lot more physical than USC. He said SCs was bigger but they relied on pure strength and not much technique.
Thanks for the report; I'm sure we know some of the same people.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 09:24 PM   #7
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney

Tell him good luck this next week, and that my brother will be rooting for both he and Matt.
bigpiney is offline   Reply With Quote