cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2008, 10:39 PM   #21
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Why should Ohhhhhhhhhhhbama.........

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surfah View Post
Would Obama salute that flag?
ever salute the flag? He's the messiah and thus above country and it's laws.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:03 AM   #22
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaloAltoCougar View Post
Someone said they were throwing my hat (not the one I gave ilPad) into the ring to be a mission president, so you may regard this political tomcatting on my part as a preemptive strike.

Slightly more seriously, I'm not committed to voting for Obama (and who among us will ever tire of exUte's clever misspelling "Ohbama"?), but I'm very unenthused about McCain/Palin. I voted for W in part because of the argument that despite his many flaws, he would surround himself with good advisers and they'd perform well. McCain has too many shortcomings and I can no longer buy into the "able assistants" argument. But Obama? The jury is still out.
The world is at an end if you are voting for Obama. You've lost your marbles in your old age.

This is truly a sad, sad, sad day. Armageddon is upon us.

Maybe it's time I became a Ute. That way I can get drunk without guilt and vote the right way.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:12 AM   #23
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
The world is at an end if you are voting for Obama. You've lost your marbles in your old age.

Maybe it's time I became a Ute. That way I can get drunk without guilt and vote the right way.
Getting drunk has a certain appeal, but becoming a Ute? Given the sad state we're in, I'm thinking we could justify some Jack Daniels under the medicinal exception. Perhaps landpoke could give me a ruling here.

Don't despair, I haven't pulled the lever yet, and California always produces a list of alternative candidates that reads like the late night program guide for Cinemax.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:17 AM   #24
Archaea

Quote:
Getting drunk has a certain appeal, but becoming a Ute? Given the sad state we're in, I'm thinking we could justify some Jack Daniels under the medicinal exception. Perhaps landpoke could give me a ruling here.

Don't despair, I haven't pulled the lever yet, and California always produces a list of alternative candidates that reads like the late night program guide for Cinemax.
Well if that abominable day does come, then I'm getting drunk and getting laid with the first Ute girl I can find, and not necessarily in that order. There is truly no God, when who is mighty amongst us betrays the Order. The getting part does have its appeal.
Old 10-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #25
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well if that abominable day does come, then I'm getting drunk and getting laid with the first Ute girl I can find, and not necessarily in that order.
Don't do it Arch. Getting the clap is NOT the answer!
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:21 AM   #26
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Well if that abominable day does come, then I'm getting drunk and getting laid with the first Ute girl I can find, and not necessarily in that order. There is truly no God, when who is mighty amongst us betrays the Order. The getting part does have its appeal.
I understand. But if I see you within the same zip code as the Princess, I will have to kill you. Nothing personal.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:26 AM   #27
Archaea

Quote:
I understand. But if I see you within the same zip code as the Princess, I will have to kill you. Nothing personal.
Considering your luck in hunting down Russkies, I have little to fear. Again, a guy's gotta do what he's gotta do. If you teach them correct principles they grow up to be Cougs, if you don't ...
Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 AM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Hey, we Utes have drunkenness as an excuse for boorish behavior, where as boorishness is a characteristic trait for zoobs.

It's a win/win for you.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote