cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-30-2008, 04:44 PM   #1
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Barry the muslim

The other day I had a change to my cable TV service that required a guy to show up several hours late and then charge me $60. While there, he wanted tot talk abotu politics. becasue he seemed to work faster iuf I agreed with him, I encouraged it. He told me there were three reasons he would not vote for obama, no matter what. The reasons were, in reverse order of importance (really, that's what he said):

1. He can't stand Joe Biden.

2. He does not want more taxes.

3. Although he is not a bigot, he just can't vote for a muslim as president.

I laughed at the third item, assuming he was kidding, but he looked at me menancingly and I suddenly had visions of no cable TV for a week and so I straightened up. He was very serious, btw, he just would not have a muslim as president of this country.

Weird, huh?

Last edited by creekster; 09-30-2008 at 05:00 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
The other day I had a change to my cable TV service that required a guy to show up several hours late and then charge me $60. While there, he wanted tot talk abotu politics. becasue he seemed to work faster iuf I agreed with him, I encouraged it. He told me there were three reasons he would not vote for obama, no matter what. The reasons were, in reverse order of importance (really, that's what he said):

1. He can't stand Joe Biden.

2. He does not want more taxes.

3. Although he is not a bigot, he just can't vote for a muslim as president.

I laughed at the third item, assuming he was kidding, but he looked at me menancingly and I suddenly had visions of no cable TV for a week and so I straightened up. He was very serious, btw, he just would not have a muslim as president of this country.

Weird, huh?
No ,not at all.
Just look around to see how many comments bouncing around,contemptibly calling him muslim .Or may be it has become "common" with hearing it over and over and over again.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:17 PM   #3
Ma'ake

Ma'ake is an unknown quantity at this point

There was a letter to the editor in my wife's hometown newspaper (Kentucky) where a guy said he could never vote for Obama because he's black.

Gotta love the candor, if nothing else.
Ma'ake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 07:33 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
No ,not at all.
Just look around to see how many comments bouncing around,contemptibly calling him muslim .Or may be it has become "common" with hearing it over and over and over again.
Hearing it? Like when Obama said that it was true that McCain had not commented on his Muslim faith only to have Stephanopoulos remind him that he's a Christian?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 11:07 PM   #5
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Hearing it? Like when Obama said that it was true that McCain had not commented on his Muslim faith only to have Stephanopoulos remind him that he's a Christian?
He was clarifying a point which had been made falsely and the point was not "his christian faith" rather "his muslim faith" and Stephanopoulos reminder ,was sort of irrelevant me thinks .That's why he followed the interrupted conversation by saying :

Quote:
Well, what I’m saying is that he hasn’t suggested...... that I’m a Muslim.And I think that his campaign’s upper echelons have not, either.
I could not care less about his religion ,but what it makes me burn precious calories to understand ,is why some people are so preoccupied about his religion as a head of a secular state???
Old 09-30-2008, 11:31 PM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
He was clarifying a point which had been made falsely and the point was not "his christian faith" rather "his muslim faith" and Stephanopoulos reminder ,was sort of irrelevant me thinks .That's why he followed the interrupted conversation by saying :

I could not care less about his religion ,but what it makes me burn precious calories to understand ,is why some people are so preoccupied about his religion as a head of a secular state???
He's not religious by nature but by convenience, and I'm okay with that, if his politics were good. Because his politics stink, I'm not okay with him as a candidate.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:51 PM   #7
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
He's not religious by nature but by convenience, and I'm okay with that, if his politics were good. Because his politics stink, I'm not okay with him as a candidate.
You may acknowledge that i was not questioning people who oppose him.There are plenty of reasons not to like him or agree with him.But disrespectfully treating him ,just because he is practicing a different religion seems inconceivable ,coming from secular people.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You may acknowledge that i was not questioning people who oppose him.There are plenty of reasons not to like him or agree with him.But disrespectfully treating him ,just because he is practicing a different religion seems inconceivable ,coming from secular people.
He only became religious once he decided to get into politics. I don't care what religion he is, and perhaps I prefer him to be irreligious. It's his politics which stink.
Old 09-30-2008, 11:59 PM   #9
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:

mindful, you were watching stephanopoulos over in the Middle East? You are hard-core!

Also, it is 3:30AM right now where you live....for crying out loud...get some sleep!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #10
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
mindful, you were watching stephanopoulos over in the Middle East? You are hard-core!

Also, it is 3:30AM right now where you live....for crying out loud...get some sleep!
Well..i actually read the interview to get the fact straight.

Here is now 3:53 am to be precise.I had a big nap earlier and Morning prayer is quite close .I will probably be going to miss it if i sleep now.Hence i am here till then.

While your whereabouts seems the last thing which might across my mind ,i dont really understand why you care mine.

Whats going on with you revealing /pursuing my alter ego by the way?