cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-26-2007, 07:20 AM   #1
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay
Default Just got home from the Dodgers game

Baseball is more interesting than I would have suspected. However not as interesting as the verbal altercation that broke out in our section, followed by some kid dropping his shorts to moon the woman he was shouting at. If you can really call her that. She was pretty butch. Needless to say Dodger fans remind me a lot of yewts.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 09:28 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
Baseball is more interesting than I would have suspected. However not as interesting as the verbal altercation that broke out in our section, followed by some kid dropping his shorts to moon the woman he was shouting at. If you can really call her that. She was pretty butch. Needless to say Dodger fans remind me a lot of yewts.
Well done. You just proved that you are the condescending zoobette that you are. And you wonder why you single?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:09 PM   #3
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Well done. You just proved that you are the condescending zoobette that you are. And you wonder why you single?
...and I thought I was the one that didn't get enough sleep last night.

Was it when I said they Dodgers fans remind me of yewts. They did. Just because you don't like what I said doesn't make it condescending.
Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #4
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
ouch! keep the gloves up. dodgers fans = ute fans? who cares?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 04:20 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
...and I thought I was the one that didn't get enough sleep last night.

Was it when I said they Dodgers fans remind me of yewts. They did. Just because you don't like what I said doesn't make it condescending.
Did they remind you of Ute fan? OR did they remind me of what you think Ute fans are? Perhaps your experience with any Ute fans is the result of your actions? But then, how would you know how Ute fans act? My understanding is that you've never been in RES because your daddy said it's no place for a lady.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:12 PM   #6
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Did they remind you of Ute fan? OR did they remind me of what you think Ute fans are? Perhaps your experience with any Ute fans is the result of your actions? But then, how would you know how Ute fans act? My understanding is that you've never been in RES because your daddy said it's no place for a lady.
I suppose in theory yewt's poor form could be a result of my actions, but I am only responsible for my behavior, not some stranger's irrational reactions. For the record, I mind my own business at games. I have NEVER engaged in a verbal or physical altercation with anyone at ANY game. I don't make obscene gestures, I don't throw things at people, I don't hold up signs, I don't stand in front of people to annoy them. I do cheer and clap loudly, but I don't shout out insults, or stuff that's going to irritate people around me.

You're wrong. I never went while it was Rice stadium. I tried to go in '98 but my dad stood in front of the door and wouldn't let me out. So, my first of may experiences at RES was a memorable little trip up in '00 when I went with my brothers to watch the yewts lose to CSU. I think we were in our seats minding our own business for all of about 5 minutes before a yewt clear on the other side of the section stood up and started screaming obscenities at us. Entirely unprovoked, we would have never even noticed him down there if he hadn't have freaked out like that. For the rest of the game we had people throwing stuff at us, flipping us off, obscene, lewd remarks. Not so unlike some of the stuff I saw going down at Dodger stadium last night. Although I have never been...oh, take that back, I have been mooned by a yewt leaving a game up there. His buddy pulled up in a car and he hung his backside out the car window. Ever since '00 I'd say I make it up to RES probably once a season. In the yewts defense, I think the Dodger fans throwing beer at the Giants fans is something that I've never seen at RES...but I did see it go down at the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl.

Did you have any other erroneous assumptions you wanted to make about me?
Old 04-26-2007, 05:16 PM   #7
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:

You're wrong. I never went while it was Rice stadium. I tried to go in '98 but my dad stood in front of the door and wouldn't let me out. So, my first of may experiences at RES was a memorable little trip up in '00 when I went with my brothers to watch the yewts lose to CSU. I think we were in our seats minding our own business for all of about 5 minutes before a yewt clear on the other side of the section stood up and started screaming obscenities at us. Entirely unprovoked, we would have never even noticed him down there if he hadn't have freaked out like that. For the rest of the game we had people throwing stuff at us, flipping us off, obscene, lewd remarks. Not so unlike some of the stuff I saw going down at Dodger stadium last night. Although I have never been...oh, take that back, I have been mooned by a yewt leaving a game up there. His buddy pulled up in a car and he hung his backside out the car window. Ever since '00 I'd say I make it up to RES probably once a season. In the yewts defense, I think the Dodger fans throwing beer at the Giants fans is something that I've never seen at RES...but I did see it go down at the Tostito's Fiesta Bowl.
I don't believe this happened. It is funny how with as many games as I have gone to at RES, I have not seen things this bad.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:20 PM   #8
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
I don't believe this happened. It is funny how with as many games as I have gone to at RES, I have not seen things this bad.
I'm not sure. Do you go to the games with earplugs and blinders? This last game they were better behaved than usual. Only one person shouted the f-word at me while I was snapping pictures of the scoreboard, and although I did have yewt flip me off in the background of one of the pictures, I consider that to be a vast improvement over previous excursions.
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #9
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
I'm not sure. Do you go to the games with earplugs and blinders? This last game they were better behaved than usual. Only one person shouted the f-word at me while I was snapping pictures of the scoreboard, and although I did have yewt flip me off in the background of one of the pictures, I consider that to be a vast improvement over previous excursions.
Just a question here, you don't think your preconceived notions about Ute fans could possibly be biasing your opinions do you. I believe that someone might have said something to you, I don't believe a whole section united to torment poor Sister BDB.

I guess I could apply your exaggerating thoughts to my experiences at LES and turn BYU fans into a tortilla throwing horde, that scream in the face of a guy holding his 2 year old son. Of course unlike you, I don't use the actions of one or two people to generalize about a whole group.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2007, 05:25 PM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Did you have any other erroneous assumptions you wanted to make about me?
I'm sure I could come up with a few if I tried.

Did you and your brothers cheer for CSU in that game? Were you wearing CSU gear? Were you wearing BYU gear? Why would people throw things at you for doing nothing? Why not tell the entire story?

I don't believe any stories of Ute fans being treated as poorly as many claim they have been in LES if they didn't do something to provoke it. I believe the same about BYU fans being treated poorly in RES.

Are there fans in RES that act that way? Yes, there are and there are also some like that in LES; however those that act that way are in the vast minority.

My complaint is that you take one anecdotal experience in Dodger stadium and perhaps a few in RES and you come to the conclusion that fans of both teams are drunken boors.

FWIW, I'm no fan of the Dodgers, but you could have seen something like that in Camden yards and made the same comparison and I'd still feel the same.