cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-10-2007, 04:42 PM   #1
BYUruss

BYUruss is on a distinguished road
Default Priesthood miracle?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3166052

Wow, look at this thread on CB. This guy relates an experience of giving a dog a priesthood blessing. Am I wrong to think that this guy is completely insane? Or is the laying of hands on animals a common thing? At any rate this post is par for the course on CB, IMO.

Last edited by BYUruss; 11-10-2007 at 04:43 PM. Reason: spelling
BYUruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 04:50 PM   #2
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYUruss View Post
http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3166052

Wow, look at this thread on CB. This guy relates an experience of giving a dog a priesthood blessing. Am I wrong to think that this guy is completely insane? Or is the laying of hands on animals a common thing? At any rate this post is par for the course on CB, IMO.
In reading your edited post, it struck me that you make a good point. We dont really hear much about blessing animals. However, I have never heard it taught that the priesthood was only to bless humans, but rather all the living.

CB has its charms, but posts about animal blessings are far from par for the course there. Or anywhere.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 05:00 PM   #3
BYUruss

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
In reading your edited post, it struck me that you make a good point. We dont really hear much about blessing animals. However, I have never heard it taught that the priesthood was only to bless humans, but rather all the living.

CB has its charms, but posts about animal blessings are far from par for the course there. Or anywhere.
You are obsessed with my posts. It's actually kind of creepy....much like this dog blessing. I edited one letter for spelling. For being a "triplet" daddy you certainly do spend lots of time on internet boards. Are you doing all you can as a father?
Old 11-10-2007, 05:34 PM   #4
BYUruss

Here's the entire text in case it gets deleted:

"A little girl (maybe 70+ lbs) hopped off a bar stool at my parents house and landed on the neck of my parents little 5 lb yorkie. It was a pretty sick sight to see that little dog yelping and flopping around. She couldn't lift her head up off the ground, her neck was bent in an obviously unnatural position. It was really unsettling to see happen. Anyhow, my Mom begged me to assist in blessing the dog and I complied. They rushed the dog to the vet with the realization that the dog would probably need to be put down (How would the vet fix a broken neck?)
After x-rays and tests the vet found NO broken bones, NO internal bleeding, and virtually NO phyical trauma at all...As far a miracles go, I have heard of many but it was amazing to see one happen in person."
Old 11-10-2007, 05:50 PM   #5
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Here's the entire text in case it gets deleted:

"A little girl (maybe 70+ lbs) hopped off a bar stool at my parents house and landed on the neck of my parents little 5 lb yorkie. It was a pretty sick sight to see that little dog yelping and flopping around. She couldn't lift her head up off the ground, her neck was bent in an obviously unnatural position. It was really unsettling to see happen. Anyhow, my Mom begged me to assist in blessing the dog and I complied. They rushed the dog to the vet with the realization that the dog would probably need to be put down (How would the vet fix a broken neck?)
After x-rays and tests the vet found NO broken bones, NO internal bleeding, and virtually NO phyical trauma at all...As far a miracles go, I have heard of many but it was amazing to see one happen in person."
Blessing oxen was commonplace in the early church. And even women did it.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2007, 06:47 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
You are obsessed with my posts. It's actually kind of creepy....much like this dog blessing. I edited one letter for spelling. For being a "triplet" daddy you certainly do spend lots of time on internet boards. Are you doing all you can as a father?
I am obsessed with all 67 of your posts.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:35 AM   #7
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
LOL
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:47 AM   #8
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
Blessing oxen was commonplace in the early church. And even women did it.
The lady on Legacy did that.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2007, 04:59 AM   #9
BYUruss

Quote:
Yep...I actually do have a life outside of the internet...the outside world can be scary at times, but I promise it's well worth leaving the house.
Old 11-11-2007, 06:28 AM   #10
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Yorkies are what you feed real dogs.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote