cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 10-25-2007, 03:32 AM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Anything contrary to this report?

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3118554
Old 10-25-2007, 03:45 AM   #2
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post

Actually very close to my report. I saw it about the same.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 05:29 AM   #3
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Pretty accurate from what I saw.

I'm surprised at how good Miles looks so short off of his mission. He's not a world beater by any means, but he's physical and doesn't back down. He'll get plenty of PT this year backing up Trent and his Jun and Sen years he'll be pretty good.

I really like the Loyd kid from Vegas. He can play both guard positions and is very athletic. Not the kind of guard we're used to seeing at BYU. He also plays with an infectious energy. He was always smiling and having a good time.

I watched Fredette for most of the evening and focused the majority of my attention on him. What I love most about the kid is his competitive nature. He doesn't just hate losing....he loathes it, deplores it,,,,,despises it. He has a laser beam focus about him. It was interesting that they mentioned his sports idol is John Stockton. Now I don't know if the kid will be the newcomer of the year or not.....but over time he's gonna have a very solid career at BYU. He's very tenacious. He's also a trash talker...many times when he was guarding Burgess....I could hear and see him mouthing...."bring it...come on...bring it to me...".

I love the toughness of Sam Burgess. He's gonna be the glue of the team this year.

Plaisted looks the exact same. He couldn't use his right hand if you paid him too.

It wouldn't surprise me if Tavernari is our leading scorer this year. He still guns it,,,but upon closer watch,,,the kid just has an overall feel for the game that cannot be taught, and he isn't the most athletic kid on the court, but can beat you every other way. The word to describe him is crafty.

James Anderson...the RM from Page, AZ.....uh....he'll never amount to anything.

Collinsworth runs the court well for 6'9 and has a solid outside shot and also plays with uncanny intensity.

Lamont Morgan is exceptionally quick, an excellent ballhandler and seems to be adept at running an offense, and staying in front of his man defensively. In terms of actual points....I expect him to have very little production points wise.

Archie Rose struggled tonight. Seems to be struggling a bit to make the transition from JC to I-A ball...then again....probably need more time to see him play. Wouldn't be surprised to see him be redshirted.

This team will have a very difficult time making up for the loss of Keena Young,,,,but in one area I think they'll be better is mental toughness. They've got a makeup of several intense players who are extremely competitive.

I don't know if they're good enough to win the MWC title....but they will be fun to watch grow.

I saw Michael Reed and Andre Saulsbery there. They sat directly behind me and I asked them about having an unscheduled bye and they were kinda bent out of shape about it, and are jonzing to get back out on the field.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 10-25-2007 at 06:41 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2007, 02:54 PM   #4
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Tavernari, Lloyd, is there anybody else you guys want from Vegas.

I tried to get the coaches to take Demarco Murray, but apparently only Oklahoma thought he was good enough.

We'll keep feeding the Cougs.