cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 11-28-2007, 10:35 PM   #11
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default I like this incarnation of SeattleUte much better

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Louisville was hurt and worn out. It had to play some scrubs. NC is overrated. Roy Williams is like Giacoletti with the best players in the country. Also, coaches always paise opponents. I wouldn't pay any attention to what Williams said. Their motivation for doing so is obvious. BYU is overrated.
Who knew so much suffering could actually make you funny? I hereby deem you an honorary Jew.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:39 PM   #12
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

My biggest concern is that too often Plaisted finishes like Seattle Ute. He's gotta go to the hole and finish like he means it.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2007, 10:53 PM   #13
Insensitive PAP

Insensitive PAP
Default I actually like finesse Trent better

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
My biggest concern is that too often Plaisted finishes like Seattle Ute. He's gotta go to the hole and finish like he means it.
He picked up a ton of offensive fouls the last two years by just plowing through the post defender. It appears he's learned to feel the defender and roll off of him now. The longer he can stay on the floor, the better off we'll be. I'll gladly exchange a couple soft plays if is keeps Trent on the floor.
Insensitive PAP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:25 AM   #14
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by surfah33 View Post
UNC can run. But without Lawson we didn't see them really run. But I agree, playing back to back against a good team and a great team contributed to the lack of legs. Don't forget also the impact emotion can have also.

As far as the guard play I am not enthusiastic about any of them really. Murdock is adequate but I don't think much of Burgess. And from there it drops off. I cringe when Lloyd comes into the game. He's a turnover waiting to happen.

The fact that we hung with UNC with all of the fouls and TOs and the 6+ minutes without a FG is amazing. I think they handled the nerves for the most part until they all tried to get back into the game with one shot and went away from Plaisted. Ellington's 3 was the dagger. If that doesn't go in I think the Cougars make that game much more interesting than they did.

This is a good team. They should run the MWC and get at least one tourney win. I expect BYU to beat MSU decisively.
A decisive win over MSU would mean jumping into the top 10 assuming we don't lose a shocker before that, which we won't.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 03:27 AM   #15
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Louisville was hurt and worn out. It had to play some scrubs. NC is overrated. Roy Williams is like Giacoletti with the best players in the country. Also, coaches always paise opponents. I wouldn't pay any attention to what Williams said. Their motivation for doing so is obvious. BYU is overrated.
it must kill you that we're in the top 25. Louisville did not play their scrubs. They played the only 8 guys they have left. Slightly different than playing scrubs. These guys would be playing anyway. Pitino goes 10 men deep when he can but he has two guys hurt so he went 8 men deep against us. Louisville may be overrated. I don't think UNC is. In any event, UNC being "overrated" probably means they're the 10th best team instead of the #1 team, or a #3 seed instead of a #1 seed. You're seriously reaching here because you have to or your brain will explode. By the way, they just beat Ohio State in Columbus by more than they beat us in Vegas.

Last edited by BlueK; 11-29-2007 at 03:34 AM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 06:02 PM   #16
Filsdepac

Filsdepac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
it must kill you that we're in the top 25. Louisville did not play their scrubs. They played the only 8 guys they have left. Slightly different than playing scrubs. These guys would be playing anyway. Pitino goes 10 men deep when he can but he has two guys hurt so he went 8 men deep against us. Louisville may be overrated. I don't think UNC is. In any event, UNC being "overrated" probably means they're the 10th best team instead of the #1 team, or a #3 seed instead of a #1 seed. You're seriously reaching here because you have to or your brain will explode. By the way, they just beat Ohio State in Columbus by more than they beat us in Vegas.
I agree, but fortunately even if Louisville is overrated, they don't play anyone good until January, by which time they'll have Palacious back, at which time they'll merit their rating.
Filsdepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:16 PM   #17
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filsdepac View Post
I agree, but fortunately even if Louisville is overrated, they don't play anyone good until January, by which time they'll have Palacious back, at which time they'll merit their rating.
I think they were overrated at 6 because of injury but they are still legitimately top 15. Look at what they did to UNLV at the T&M center. Not an easy place to win, ask the Utes and Cougs.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:34 PM   #18
Filsdepac

Filsdepac is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I think they were overrated at 6 because of injury but they are still legitimately top 15. Look at what they did to UNLV at the T&M center. Not an easy place to win, ask the Utes and Cougs.
That is true.

I'd also like to take this moment to apologize for using "at/by which time" twice in one sentence. I promise I'm smarter than that.

Last edited by Filsdepac; 11-29-2007 at 09:43 PM.
Filsdepac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2007, 09:42 PM   #19
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filsdepac View Post
That is true.

I'd also like to that this moment to apologize for using "at/by which time" twice in one sentence. I promise I'm smarter than that.
at least you didn't throw in a "US Americans"
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote