cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 11-08-2007, 07:46 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keyzer Soze View Post
I agree that he passes well facing the basket, I meant that if he got the ball on the block with his back to the hoop, he was going to shoot it. I was also a little disappointed that on the one fast break, he had a wide open Chris Miles trailing the play for a likely dunk, but instead took it in against two defenders. Now he got fouled and hit the FT's so it was no big loss, I just wanted to see him give up the ball in the particular situation.

Don't misunderstand me, I love JT. He has absolutely zero conscience on the court, which I love, and will be a great player for the next three years. I think the assassin comment is right on.
JT wants to force the action all the time. That usually means shoot but sometimes means dish. Of the guys that played last year that weren't point guards, he was ahead of Plaisted and Rose in assists per minute, behind Balderson and Cummard and basically tie with Keena. He does dish it off, but if he's going to pass it, it might only be to someone wide open under the basket.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2007, 07:57 PM   #12
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
JT wants to force the action all the time. That usually means shoot but sometimes means dish. Of the guys that played last year that weren't point guards, he was ahead of Plaisted and Rose in assists per minute, behind Balderson and Cummard and basically tie with Keena. He does dish it off, but if he's going to pass it, it might only be to someone wide open under the basket.
Great explanation. More importantly, he sees the floor well enough so if a person is open under the basket, they will get the ball. Like most shooters he thinks his chance at making a contested 3 is better than most people from the foul line without a defender.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 03:19 PM   #13
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post

Collinsworth -- this kid has scary potential. His feet are as quick as our starting pg but he is 6-9. He has a very nice, high arcing, jumper from downtown but can also finish around the rim. In short, he is athletic, skilled, talented, and well trained. He is still young and a little inconsistent but the kid is a baller. If there is any one freshman that I think could create himself a starting spot on this roster it is Collinsworth. He could move to the wing or Tav could move to the wing creating a starting lineup of Murdock, Cummard, Collinsworth, Tavernari, and Plaisted. Collinsworth needs to hit the weights and mature but his upside is as high as anyone on this team.
Just thought I would show you all a prediction from earlier this year.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote