cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-13-2007, 07:19 PM   #1
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Awesome "open letter" from JT to Cougarboard

http://www.cougarboard.com/noframes/...tml?id=3283757
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:25 PM   #2
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Personally, I think it is a stupid post. JT has a quick release and is a good shooter but as soon as teams know about a guy like him he has to make adjustments. Hopefully he is more reasonable than the letter by OC indicates. If he really thinks that way, he is going to have a rough career wherever he goes. Mike Rose was a great example of how JT can and should be used. Because he is bigger than Rose and can play the 4 he probably should see more minutes but he needs to learn to let the game come to him.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:32 PM   #3
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Who's OC Coug? I'm afraid this actually might be JT's attitude. I did a search on OC Coug's posts, and this seems to be just his own opinion with no apparent connection to JT or anyone else in the program.

I would not be surprised at all if last night was the beginning of the end for JT and Rose/BYU. I hope JT has the humility to accept the censure and let it make him better.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:34 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

P.S. this might be a case I would agree with mod's on CB deleting a post because CB has had plenty of posters who were athletes or had close ties to athletes to make people wonder if the post is legit.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 07:40 PM   #5
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Who's OC Coug? I'm afraid this actually might be JT's attitude. I did a search on OC Coug's posts, and this seems to be just his own opinion with no apparent connection to JT or anyone else in the program.

I would not be surprised at all if last night was the beginning of the end for JT and Rose/BYU. I hope JT has the humility to accept the censure and let it make him better.
I hope it isn't JT's position. If so, his mom needs to talk to him. A guy like JT will score a lot more if he is the third option. He would get easier shots at the beginning of the game and have a chance to get hot off of those shots. Then he would be able to cash in on becoming hot by shooting tougher and tougher shots. True long range bombers don't want to post up, they want to gun from downtown. Let Cummard run curls and off screens. Let JT knock now jumpers when defenders are scrambling to catch up.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2007, 09:32 PM   #6
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
That is a great letter. JT should keep playing exactly like he has been playing. I'm all for a guy like Tavernari hoisting up crazy shots when he is shooting 38.9% from the field. Keeping shooting the three pointers too when you are hitting less than 40%. Also, keep up giving up nearly 3 turnovers for every assist.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote