cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 PM   #21
TexasAg

TexasAg is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
TexasAg, what if we banned you and then had a huge thread ripping on you?

Is that how you think things should operate?
The fame, if you will, of Texags.com is it's biggest problem. There are thousands of registered users that can make threads and start topics. So when some rogue posters go off the deepend, it looks like EVERYONE feels the same way. Truth is it is not the norm, just like there aren't normally this many A&M threads here on this Cougar site, at least I doubt there are.
TexasAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:48 PM   #22
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg View Post
Sure, if you want to generalize. It's not as if there isn't smack going on in both directions, why is being a bigot so much worse? Truth is it isn't, making fun of people that died is, IMO.
I died. Shot to death by a mob with blackened faces.

Signed,
Joseph Smith

p.s. blackened faces is something Aggies know about
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 09:49 PM   #23
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
The fame, if you will, of Texags.com is it's biggest problem. There are thousands of registered users that can make threads and start topics. So when some rogue posters go off the deepend, it looks like EVERYONE feels the same way. Truth is it is not the norm, just like there aren't normally this many A&M threads here on this Cougar site, at least I doubt there are.
I take it you are not familiar with the R&P section on Texags. It rips on Mormons 24/7 365.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:50 PM   #24
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Also, TexasAg, perhaps you can tell me how many people ripping on Mormons were banned on TexAgs like I was.

Thanks in advance.
Old 03-18-2008, 09:57 PM   #25
TexasAg

Quote:
I take it you are not familiar with the R&P section on Texags. It rips on Mormons 24/7 365.
go to the 'Forums' page and look at the number of topics and posts for that forum compared to the most popular ones. It is full of only those that want to talk about religion, which is a small population of the Texags.com posters.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:18 PM   #26
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
This is where you are being conveniently myopic, although perhaps not maliciously so.

It isnt the presence of rogue posters that gives the appearance of groupthink bigtory over at that site.

It is the LACK of condemnation of these rogue posters on the part of "thousands of registered users." The silence over there is, in essence, deafening in its support of the bigotry.

And now for my obligatory Bonfire reference: aTm is going to get torched on Thursday! Prepare to get crushed!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 10:29 PM   #27
TexasAg

do you not realize how much on this site has been posted that I am surprised was 'allowed'? Again, when it's your OWN, it's okay, at least apparently. Again, that forum that possesses all the threads Mike is talking about is one of the smaller ones, so your groupthink logic is not valid. The 'A&M Football', 'A&M Basketball', 'Rivalries', and 'General Board' are the most popular and most populated forums, so if they were running rampant with rogue Anti-mormon haters then yeah, your groupthink comment would hold more water. Truth is, a majority of the Texags.com posters don't even realize those bigotry topics exist.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:32 PM   #28
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
do you not realize how much on this site has been posted that I am surprised was 'allowed'? Again, when it's your OWN, it's okay, at least apparently. Again, that forum that possesses all the threads Mike is talking about is one of the smaller ones, so your groupthink logic is not valid. The 'A&M Football', 'A&M Basketball', 'Rivalries', and 'General Board' are the most popular and most populated forums, so if they were running rampant with rogue Anti-mormon haters then yeah, your groupthink comment would hold more water. Truth is, a majority of the Texags.com posters don't even realize those bigotry topics exist.
this is an open forum where posts and users are infrequently banned.

There is more freedom on this site than any other BYU sports forum, and certainly a lot more freedom than Texags.

We don't censor like Texags does. That's our prerogative.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:34 PM   #29
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Sure, if you want to generalize. It's not as if there isn't smack going on in both directions, why is being a bigot so much worse? Truth is it isn't, making fun of people that died is, IMO.
It's not a generalization...you just made it clear that during game week bigotry is fair game.
Old 03-18-2008, 10:41 PM   #30
TexasAg

Quote:
this is an open forum where posts and users are infrequently banned.

There is more freedom on this site than any other BYU sports forum, and certainly a lot more freedom than Texags.

We don't censor like Texags does. That's our prerogative.
then why is one of this site's posters razzing me about 'lack of condemnation'

he wants heads to roll over there, but likes the freedom to say whatever here, got it, sounds hypocritical