cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball

Old 03-21-2008, 03:43 AM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default "To one he gave five talents of money..."

The problem is your coach. BYU is hugely talented. It has two, maybe three or four NBA prospects. Rose inherited a better recruiting class than Majerus ever enjoyed, and then he was blessed by their abandoning their missions en masse. What has he done with his talents? Not enough. This ought to have been BYU's opportunity to challenge for the Final Four. Instead BYU fans hope--in vain--for their first NCAA win since Roger Reid (irony of ironies, he's your best coach I've seen since Stan Watts). What has Rose done to replace his two magnificent stars. Nothing. There's nothing there to fill their shoes. The problem is compounded if players start going on missions again. Then the startup time is increased, and the upside flattened. As it is, Rose has only used the LDS Church's pull to get what talent he has recruited (which won't fill Plaistead's or Cummard's shoes).

Fire Rose. Fire him. He's a terrible coach. Give grapevine enough talent and he goes to the NCAA and loses. Ray Giacoletti took the Utes to the Sweet 16 with the full cupboard Majerus left him.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 03:45 AM   #2
SeattleUte

Some of you may be surprised to hear this, but I know my college basketball. I'd never make such a claim about football (too many players, for one thing). I went to Utah and Georgetown.

—Paul Auster
Old 03-21-2008, 04:04 AM   #3
Hsaru

Hsaru is on a distinguished road

hugely....talented good joke. Come talk to me the next time an all white basketball team makes noise in the tourney.
Hsaru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2008, 04:05 AM   #4
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hsaru View Post
hugely....talented good joke. Come talk to me the next time an all white basketball team makes noise in the tourney.
Why doesn't BYU have any AA's?

—Paul Auster
Old 03-21-2008, 04:06 AM   #5
Hsaru

with a starting pg and shooting guard who are glorified high school players at best.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:08 AM   #6
Hsaru

you know the answer to the AA's question, no need to spell it out. BYU can never miss on the top LDS players that go to pac 10 schools if they want to be competitive, but they always will just the nature of college basketball.
Old 03-21-2008, 04:15 AM   #7
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
Why doesn't BYU have any AA's?
The voters hate mormons.