cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2007, 09:08 PM   #21
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Yeah...I don't believe that a person is born devoid of choice in regards to their sexual preference.

It's 100% pure bullshit. The biggest justification of convenience for that kind of behavior ever perpetrated by Lucifer. Shows just how easy it is for him to put bullshit it peoples heads and then let the others run with it. Let's keep on justification abhorrent behavior and turn it into a politically correct form of communication so that anyone who argues against it is branded a bigot and close minded. I honestly have a hard time finding fewer things that have been woven with a web of deception to justify that more than this issue. Certainly a sign of the times. And I don't mean in a progressive way either.

People who believe that choice have been taken away from them in that regard are irresponsible, unaccountable and have been duped.
Perhaps you can then explain to us why in recent years the LDS church has made it explicitly clear that simply having same sex attraction is not a sin? Or why it is that someone with same sex attraction can get a temple recommend as long as they stay celibate?
Old 07-27-2007, 09:09 PM   #22
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
Based on your own scientific study? Or has that question been decided somewhere that I'm not aware of?
See Also God, Plan of Salvation, Proclamation of the Family, etc...etc...etc....that is if you believe in that.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:10 PM   #23
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Perhaps you can then explain to us why in recent years the LDS church has made it explicitly clear that simply having same sex attraction is not a sin? Or why it is that someone with same sex attraction can get a temple recommend as long as they stay celibate?
I never said having same sex attraction is a sin.

I said that those who are presuming they are BORN WITH THE ATTRACTION are saying they didn't have that choice,,,and I'm saying that is pure bullshit.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #24
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

And here we see the problem. The real issue (the contradiction in the church's view of happiness and families, with the church's stance on homosexuality) is being ignored, while homophobes argue about whether homosexuality is a choice or not.

That way, nobody has to deal with the apparent contradiction, right?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:11 PM   #25
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Sorry, Rocky, I'll shut up now. The guys that are most vehement about these issues, such as yourself, are usually....

..well, never mind.
Irony.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:12 PM   #26
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoCalCoug View Post
And here we see the problem. The real issue (the contradiction in the church's view of happiness and families, with the church's stance on homosexuality) is being ignored, while homophobes argue about whether homosexuality is a choice or not.

That way, nobody has to deal with the apparent contradiction, right?
Yep,,,the good old fashioned because someone doesn't believe in the deception of THEY ARE BORN WITH BEING GAY....then of course that person is automatically a homophobe.

The hypocrisy of the "open minded."
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #27
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:
I never said having same sex attraction is a sin.

I said that those who are presuming they are BORN WITH THE ATTRACTION are saying they didn't have that choice,,,and I'm saying that is pure bullshit.
Well, if it's just a simple matter of choice, then why wouldn't same sex attraction be considered a sin? You are talking out of both sides of your mouth.
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #28
SoCalCoug

SoCalCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Yep,,,the good old fashioned because someone doesn't believe in the deception of THEY ARE BORN WITH BEING GAY....then of course that person is automatically a homophobe.

So you're saying you're one of the "closed minded"?

"Now perhaps as I spanked myself screaming out "Kozlowski, say it like you mean it bitch!" might have been out of line, but such was the mood." - Goatnapper

"If you want to fatten a pig up to make the pig MORE delicious, you can feed it almost anything. Seriously. The pig is like the car on Back to the Future. You put in garbage, and out comes something magical!" - Cali Coug
SoCalCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:14 PM   #29
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
First point, I don't believe homosexuality is binary, "you are or you aren't", but it appears to be a spectrum analysis...
I think this is an important point. To say you're born one way or the other (regardless of the veracity of the theory of genetic predisposition) is overly simplistic.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 09:15 PM   #30
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Quote:

It doesn't necessarily make you a homophobe. Just remarkably ignorant.