cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-18-2007, 07:37 PM   #121
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
I think I detect a black pot.
Aren't you the one making the challenge here, Tex? I have never claimed that all of my views are mainstream. You have.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:43 PM   #122
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Aren't you the one making the challenge here, Tex? I have never claimed that all of my views are mainstream. You have.
First, I'm not making "the challenge." Rocky (and others) did.

Second, the "pot calling kettle" comment refers not to your views, but to this comment: "All my views are mainstream because I say they are!" The converse being, "All Tex's views are extreme because I say they are!"

Third, I am under no obligation to be held accountable to your constructed straw men.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:46 PM   #123
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
First, I'm not making the challenge. Rocky (and others) did.

Second, the "pot calling kettle" comment refers not to your views, but to this comment: "All my views are mainstream because I say they are!" The converse being, "All Tex's views are extreme because I say they are!"

Third, I am under no obligation to be held accountable to your constructed straw men.
Bullshit. You were making the challenge. You asked Rocky (and anyone else) to present one thing you have said that is outside LDS mainstream thought. I said that it was futile because no matter what we presented, you would simply deny it was outside the mainstream. And that is exactly what happened.

I have never said that all of your views are outside the mainstream or extreme. What does the converse have to do with anything. To prove you wrong, all we have to do is show one example.
Old 09-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #124
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bullshit. You were making the challenge. You asked Rocky (and anyone else) to present one thing you have said that is outside LDS mainstream thought. I said that it was futile because no matter what we presented, you would simply deny it was outside the mainstream. And that is exactly what happened.

I have never said that all of your views are outside the mainstream or extreme. What does the converse have to do with anything. To prove you wrong, all we have to do is show one example.
I think Tex trained under ex-ute when it comes to having a discussion.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 07:53 PM   #125
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Bullshit. You were making the challenge. You asked Rocky (and anyone else) to present one thing you have said that is outside LDS mainstream thought.
Exactly. Had he not made the accusation, the topic never would have arisen. The burden is on him to substantiate his comments.

Quote:
I said that it was futile because no matter what we presented, you would simply deny it was outside the mainstream. And that is exactly what happened.
Next time I'll preface my request with stating how futile it is because you will inevitably construct a straw man. Then I can look like a sage too.

Quote:
I have never said that all of your views are outside the mainstream or extreme. Seriously, where do you come up with this stuff?
You're getting hung up on the word "all." The point is, you've done no better at showing what is and is not mainstream than I.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young

Last edited by Tex; 09-18-2007 at 07:56 PM.
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote