cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: When will Mormonism disappear?
21 1 16.67%
22 1 16.67%
23 2 33.33%
24 2 33.33%
Voters: 6. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10-07-2008, 03:19 PM   #31
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
By sharing fruit, Indy means, share a positive uplifting emotional experience. And the ones of no value to us, "Once I was freed from the clutches of that horrible, lying sobs in the Church, I felt free to get drunk whenever I wished...."

We know you believe you dissembled the Church. Big deal, join the lemming group of others.

What positive system or systems have you adopted to make your life meaningful. Simply deriding is not meaningful for most.

This is your challenge, provide a meaningful positive insight into something.
I've yet to meet a cheery apostate.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:23 PM   #32
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
Aaron Shaf? He's pretty nice.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:25 PM   #33
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Aaron Shaf? He's pretty nice.
Did he used to be a member?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:27 PM   #34
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Did he used to be a member?
I'm not sure. But in his avatar pic, he is wearing a polo shirt with a visible white t-shirt underneath it.....which makes me believe that not only was he LDS, but that he went to BYU in the late 80s-mid 90s.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 10-07-2008, 03:32 PM   #35
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by LA Ute View Post
Your post brings to mind the comment of some wise person who noted that so many people "leave the Church, but cannot leave the Church alone."
The irony of this statement is that the Church never leaves anyone alone. If they are not still sending their home teachers or other emissaries, look out, they are no doubt attempting to play an angle on your children's psyche. Or, they are spending millions trying to deny you your liberty.

Am I the only one who sees exquisite irony in the LDS Church's plea to apostates, "Just leave us alone!" This is one way in which the LDS Church is monstrously hypocritical.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2008, 03:33 PM   #36
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taq Man View Post
Right there with those who join the church and won't leave the rest of the world alone.
Amen, Brother Taq.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-07-2008, 03:35 PM   #37
SeattleUte

Quote:
Tex, you are more sophisticated than this. You know I approach these subjects with a great deal of cheer. There is even cheer embedded in the poll, if you look hard. I know you know that. Don't ever accuse me of lacking a sense of humor.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-07-2008, 03:38 PM   #38
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
unbelief in what? everything?

unbelief in everything but helping corporations get around environmental laws, like you do?

I know that the Rockys and IPUs love it when corporations get around environmental laws with the help of lawyers, but that's the kind of belief system that I find worth mocking, not Mormonism.
Unbelief in the metaphysics of the Bible, at least in a literal, "Mormon" sense.

—Paul Auster
Old 10-07-2008, 03:51 PM   #39
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
The irony of this statement is that the Church never leaves anyone alone. If they are not still sending their home teachers or other emissaries, look out, they are no doubt attempting to play an angle on your children's psyche. Or, they are spending millions trying to deny you your liberty.

Am I the only one who sees exquisite irony in the LDS Church's plea to apostates, "Just leave us alone!" This is one way in which the LDS Church is monstrously hypocritical.
I don't think the Church has issued any plea to be left alone by apostates.

The Church usually responds to criticism with indifference. And rightfully so. No response will change the minds of the critics, so why bother contending with them?

The Church basically consulted with me and my incredible track record of not falling for trolls on CG or CB. I walked them through a PR strategy for dealing with critical apostates. I tried to get them to adopt a more liberal approach to sarcasm but I dont think they were ready for that yet.

Old 10-07-2008, 03:52 PM   #40
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post

The difference is that one only has to ask the LDS church to leave them alone - request no more home teacher contact, no missionaries, etc. and that wish will be respected.

No matter how many times I've asked you do let it go, you continue with your quest to drag the active members here into your personal abyss.

You chose to leave. Taq chose to leave. It's time for both of you to shut the hell up.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote