cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-09-2007, 01:57 PM   #1
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 7 Demons of Mary??

While visiting my parents ward to see my father speak on Easter Sunday, I was able to hear a concept that was new to my ears and at least new to my father's as well.

The concluding speaker (not my father) focussed his remarks on Mary rather than the savior in terms of the Easter season. His goal (he said) was to share with the congregation his "Mary moment" in the hopes that we would all be able to have our own "Mary Moment."

He then proceeded to talk about the 7 Demons that overtook mary during the time of the crucifixion and ressurection of Jesus. The culmination of this and the ridding of the Demons was when Jesus found Mary at the seplecure and we know the famous lines of scripture that follow.

My question is regarding the 7 Demons that affected Mary...I had not heard of this...has anyone else?

I don't mean to dowgrade the guy who spoke, because he gave a very sincere talk, I just wanted clarification on the concept that he was trying to speak on.