cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-05-2008, 10:14 PM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Did anyone have trouble watching the Worthlin funeral online?

Every time there is a major broadcast such as general conference, the christmas devotional, or a funeral, the "live" byutv player freezes about twice a second. I assume it can't keep up with the traffic. So today I thought I would watch the rebroadcast four hours later, surely there would be less traffic then, but no, it is just as bad.

It's a shame they don't have $22 million to spend on practical items such as a server that is capable of hosting the traffic for the events that they so frequently advertise as being available online.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:17 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't you hear? The church has a crack IT team. They have put together an updated meetinghouse locator.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:19 PM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Yeah and over 20% of the clerks computers have now upgraded to Windows 95.

Although here in Mississippi, my home teaching printout still comes on the sheets of paper that have the holes on the sides that you tear off.
Old 12-05-2008, 10:21 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Didn't you hear, they have mastered JAVA now. Watch out.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2008, 10:33 PM   #5
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Well at least we know that of all of the money that the church supposedly has, they aren't spending it on King Noah palaces. The interior of their churches are about as frugal as you can get, allowing more money to be spent at beating FEMA to the punch in aiding hurricane victims.

The hearse carrying his body to the interrment was probably an hourly rental from Kia, and the distinguished media guests were probably fed a meal of potato pearls....but when Wisconsin freezes over next month, the church will show up with 20,000 blankets, 40,000 pair of snow shoes and 100,000 MRE's, so I'll just shut up now and wait to read the funeral addresses in next month's Ensign, which they print and ship to me for only a dollar.
Old 12-06-2008, 12:08 AM   #6
RedHeadGal

RedHeadGal is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
The hearse carrying his body to the interrment was probably an hourly rental from Kia, and the distinguished media guests were probably fed a meal of potato pearls....but when Wisconsin freezes over next month, the church will show up with 20,000 blankets, 40,000 pair of snow shoes and 100,000 MRE's, so I'll just shut up now and wait to read the funeral addresses in next month's Ensign, which they print and ship to me for only a dollar.
Not potato pears. Funeral potatoes. Duh!
RedHeadGal is offline   Reply With Quote