cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics

Old 08-10-2016, 05:20 PM   #1
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road
Default New Deseret News Op Ed by Hillary

Well written and makes some great points about religious freedom and why Trump should give anyone who cares about this topic some very serious concerns. Clearly directed to an LDS audience in the LDS-owned paper. It seems to have probably been written by an active LDS person and signed off on by Hillary I'm guessing. Utah of all places is in play this presidential election -- with Hillary running, for crying out loud, which is all you need to know about how awful Trump is to most Utahns and LDS.

I'm not voting for Hillary or Trump, but I'm still a little amused just thinking of how annoying this op ed appearing in the Deseret News is going to be to certain mullah factions of the LDS population there. LOL. Gary Johnson wrote a similar one that appeared yesterday, I think.

http://beta.deseretnews.com/article/...m-and-the.html

Last edited by BlueK; 08-10-2016 at 05:27 PM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2016, 07:23 PM   #2
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Her speechwriter was Mormon, not sure if he was the one who wrote it. He's some genius son of a Jewish convert.
Old 08-10-2016, 07:25 PM   #3
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

By the way, she had the balls to call the slaughtering of Yazidis genocide when Obama didn't.
Old 08-10-2016, 09:52 PM   #4
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Here's the thing with Hillary vs. Trump on this subject. I get why LDS republicans would want to disbelieve that Hillary believes what she's saying here or would say this to get votes or whatever. Politicians are what they are. But if you're LDS and don't agree with the words here, you're just not being honest.

But Trump? He has no ability whatsoever to even THINK of writing something like this, and based on things he's said and proposed, doesn't even agree with or care about any of these principles.