cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Food

Old 01-02-2008, 09:23 PM   #11
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Tommy's is not for those who lack intestinal fortitude. If you go, you MUST get the chili cheeseburger. Also, cheese fries (no need for chili cheese fries, as you will have plenty of extra chili from the burger....use it for dipping your fries).And can of soda, available in the coolers (you will know what I am talking about when you get there).

Well because I couldn't let the online guy who I've never met think that I'm a sissy, I got the "Tommy Mega Combo" for lunch today. It included a triple chili cheeseburger, chili cheese fries and a 44 oz. pepsi for $8.75. I somehow managed to eat the whole thing. See the shine on the hamburger bun? It's a layer of grease.

Now I am going to have nothing but fat free cottage cheese and broth soups for the next three days, but that's another issue.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:25 PM   #12
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post

Well because I couldn't let the online guy who I've never met think that I'm a sissy, I got the "Tommy Mega Combo" for lunch today. It included a triple chili cheeseburger, chili cheese fries and a 44 oz. pepsi for $8.75. I somehow managed to eat the whole thing. See the shine on the hamburger bun? It's a layer of grease.

Now I am going to have nothing but fat free cottage cheese and broth soups for the next three days, but that's another issue.
Do you have a death wish?
Old 01-02-2008, 09:29 PM   #13
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Yum. nice. I ate the same thing yesterday at the Rose Bowl.

did you get the yellow chili peppers, too?

You can only eat at Tommy's about once every few months. Anything more and you are taking your life into your own hands.

PS Technically, did say no need for chili on the cheese fries because you would have enough from the burger. But more power to you!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:31 PM   #14
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

They gave me several coupons with my order, such as get a free burger with the purchase of a combo meal. The food was good, but I put the coupons in the shredder. I'm not going back.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:54 PM   #15
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

22 hours later and my stomach is still not hungry in the least. How much grease was in that meal?
Old 01-04-2008, 06:51 PM   #16
SipiTau

SipiTau is on a distinguished road

I have to say, I invested many a dollar at Tommy's while in school. My stomach can't handle the chili any longer.

If you're ever in the Culver City area, you should try Tito's Tacos on Washington Blvd off the 405; I recommend the tacos and all meat burrito w/cheese. Then walk next door to Johnnie's and pick up the best pastrami sandwich in LA.
SipiTau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 06:59 PM   #17
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Quote:
Originally Posted by SipiTau View Post
If you're ever in the Culver City area, you should try Tito's Tacos on Washington Blvd off the 405; I recommend the tacos and all meat burrito w/cheese. Then walk next door to Johnnie's and pick up the best pastrami sandwich in LA.
Been to Tito's and have had both of those items. I also could spend eternity with their cheese enchiladas.

Haven't been to Johnnie's; I've never left Tito's with any available room in my stomach. The next time I am in town I'll have to go there and to Apple Pan.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:06 PM   #18
TripletDaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by ute4ever View Post
Been to Tito's and have had both of those items. I also could spend eternity with their cheese enchiladas.

Haven't been to Johnnie's; I've never left Tito's with any available room in my stomach. The next time I am in town I'll have to go there and to Apple Pan.
Correction...best pastrami sandwich in LA (and the country, as voted on by Zagat, amongst others) is Langers on 7th and Alverado. YUM! Also, you can buy fake IDs and Drivers liceneses outside on the corner.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
Old 06-11-2008, 02:58 PM   #19
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Had the single Fatburger combo on Saturday, which was horribly overpriced at $9.79.
The relish was a bit much.
If you eat the Triple King burger (24 oz. of hamburger), you get your photo on the wall and a free prize. I'll save that one for Triplet Daddy.

And what better to wash it down with than this?

Old 06-11-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
TripletDaddy

I'm fly at Fatburger when I'm way out West.

Did you add bacon, onion rings, and fried egg?