cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2008, 03:26 AM   #51
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Exactly. That's what I'm saying.

My problem is that you have decided what my priorities are.
I believe you have said what your priorities are, rather than me deciding what they are. And I am not trying to tell you who should be the beneficiary of compassion first. Instead, I am saying that SOMEONE should be the beneficiary of your compassion as opposed to nobody.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:35 AM   #52
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I believe you have said what your priorities are, rather than me deciding what they are. And I am not trying to tell you who should be the beneficiary of compassion first. Instead, I am saying that SOMEONE should be the beneficiary of your compassion as opposed to nobody.
Did you not post that you wouldn't shoulder my responsibility? Whether you realize it or not, that is you deciding what my priorities should be.

Is it not possible that my children and future grandchildren are the beneficiaries of my compassion?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 12:33 PM   #53
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default You are right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Am I willing to pay extra in taxes to see that 47 million uninsured Americans get coverage? Yes. The thing you don't understand is that I am already paying for it. In the form of increased premiums that hospitals demand because they must pay for indigent care.
I can't remember which of our current Dem candidates for president actually said that with universal healthcare, everyone's premiums would go down.

I also have a great financial investment for you. 30% return per month. Guaranteed! Just send me your money. LOL
exUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2008, 03:19 PM   #54
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Did you not post that you wouldn't shoulder my responsibility? Whether you realize it or not, that is you deciding what my priorities should be.

Is it not possible that my children and future grandchildren are the beneficiaries of my compassion?
With regards to your first paragraph, what are you talking about? You are going to have to explain that one a bit more.

As for your second, of course you should take care of your children. Who is questioning that? But we need to go beyond that and, to the extent we are unable, we need to say in our hearts "if I had, I would give." I really want you to tell me what you think Mosiah 4 means.
Old 04-03-2008, 03:20 PM   #55
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
I can't remember which of our current Dem candidates for president actually said that with universal healthcare, everyone's premiums would go down.

I also have a great financial investment for you. 30% return per month. Guaranteed! Just send me your money. LOL
Is this the guy paying above prime for student loans and who doesn't understand the concept of a 0% credit card? I think I will go with the Dem candidate on this one, if you don't mind.
Old 04-03-2008, 07:37 PM   #56
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
With regards to your first paragraph, what are you talking about? You are going to have to explain that one a bit more.
You posted this when I asked if you would be willing to pay the increase on my taxes as well as yours in order to have national healthcare:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug
It isn't an issue of not wanting to pay your increase. You are asking if I personally would shoulder your responsibility. The answer is no, unless you really need it. If I am going to take on that responsibility for another, I will be judicious in the use of my limited resources and help those who need the most help first. If you are in that camp, then yes, I will shoulder your burden too.
I add my emphasis to point out that you did say you wouldn't "shoulder my responsibility" but then tried to qualify it to make yourself look more compassionate than you are.

In that paragraph, you indicated that you felt it was my responsibility to pay higher taxes.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote