cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-28-2005, 05:30 PM   #1
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default jesus' perfection...

was jesus perfect in the sense he never sinned?

or was he perfect in the sense that as he learned, im assuming precept upon precept, that he never sinned? (for example, he back talked a parent at 8 but at 9 realized that doing that was wrong and never did it again)

at what point did he realize he was the savior?

why did he wait until 30 to get baptized?
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2005, 05:54 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default He was sinless

and as the few references to his childhood make clear, knew his role early on.

His situation was so unique he had to be prepared from the onset.

You can see how it can be done. There are children who commit very little sin. He was above even that.

This is my belief and my faith. If otherwise revealed, then I remain to be educated.
Old 11-29-2005, 03:01 AM   #3
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I hesitate to say this because Elder McConkie has been criticized on this board for being inaccurate in some of his pre-apostolic sermons and writings, but his six-volume series on The Mortal Messiah answers your questions, if you take his opinion at face value, that is.

McConkie says historical research shows that ancient Jewish ministry did not commence until age 30. Jesus could not have proselityzed before then without being stoned.

Also, McConkie says Jesus learned and progressed precept upon precept, just like the rest of us. However, because of his advanced spirituality that he brought with him from the pre-mortal realm, he had already reached perfection by the time of his baptism.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 03:08 AM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Do you all think Jesus was married?

One wonders what his marriage was like. If his wife wasn't perfect, and he was, was the marriage perfect?

What were the finer details of this marriage? (so that we can get guidance on our own).
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:32 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default I beleive he was married...

God's law - the new and everlasting covenant - requires marriage to be able to enter the Celestial Kingdom, just as baptism is required.

I don't believe God allows exceptions to his laws. I believe that Christ was baptized not just to be an example for us, but because it was required of him as well; therefore, marriage would be a requirement.

As for his marriage being perfect, I'm sure that his involvement in it was perfect, though her's wouldn't be, but him being the Savior and being a perfect example of how to live, I doubt they ever argued, as he was the ultimate example of forgiveness.

On a lighter note, what kind of a mother-in-law was Mary? Was any woman good enough for her son?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2005, 04:43 AM   #6
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

For centuries and centuries, the same church who possessed the biblical writings was the same church who adopted celibacy.

Christ himself said many plain and precious things were removed from those scriptures; why wouldn't his marriage be one of them?
Old 11-29-2005, 04:41 PM   #7
fusnik11

Default ...

im sure christ was married. one of his names was the bridegroom. and i dont accept the non-mormon theology explanation that he was married to the church....

and i dont think it strictly has to do with him following all the commandments. im sure he fell in love.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:50 PM   #8
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default While I was in the MTC/LTM

a German instructor who studied with our famous linguistist, had a paper I never read, entitled, "Christ's wives." Provocative to say the least.

I wish we could have learned about being the perfect spouse by him expressing and by showing us how he did it.
Old 11-29-2005, 04:56 PM   #9
fusnik11

Default Re: While I was in the MTC/LTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea
a German instructor who studied with our famous linguistist, had a paper I never read, entitled, "Christ's wives." Provocative to say the least.
was it not orson pratt, and brigham young who said jesus was a polygamist? that he was persecuted in part because of his marital practices?
Old 11-29-2005, 06:42 PM   #10
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

Default Re: While I was in the MTC/LTM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
was it not orson pratt, and brigham young who said jesus was a polygamist? that he was persecuted in part because of his marital practices?
Hmm, so that's why he spent so much time at Mary and Martha's house.