cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2008, 01:39 PM   #1
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road
Default Huckabee's new book,

Do the Right Thing,

comes out tomorrow. He apparently tears a new one for nearly everyone in the party, including the GOP establishment, the fiscal liberals, the libertarians, the religious right, the neocons, and I've read that he reserves the most scathing treatment for Romney, whom Huck regards as a shape-shifter.

I understand the need for intrapartisan reform, but it's hard to see how "do[ing] the right thing" necessitates tearing down everyone in your own party.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #2
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Do the Right Thing,

comes out tomorrow. He apparently tears a new one for nearly everyone in the party, including the GOP establishment, the fiscal liberals, the libertarians, the religious right, the neocons, and I've read that he reserves the most scathing treatment for Romney, whom Huck regards as a shape-shifter.

I understand the need for intrapartisan reform, but it's hard to see how "do[ing] the right thing" necessitates tearing down everyone in your own party.
Good for him. If there's one problem with the Republican Party that needs addressing, it's Mitt Romney.

Idiot.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 02:46 PM   #3
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Huckabee and Palin. The future of the GOP.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #4
landpoke

landpoke is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Romney, whom Huck regards as a shape-shifter.
Good for Huck. You can never trust those folks from The Dominion.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:31 PM   #5
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
Huckabee and Palin. The future of the GOP.
My ears must be ringing again. I could swear I hear a bell tolling in the distance.
Old 11-17-2008, 03:48 PM   #6
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

The word that comes to my mind everytime I see Huck is "clown".

He reminds me of a taller Jim Baker (the preacher) without the shitty grin on his face. Althought Hucks grin is pretty shitty. He is a flim flam funny man and does belong in the realm of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. He is more subtle. I wouldn't trust the guy one bit.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 03:58 PM   #7
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
The word that comes to my mind everytime I see Huck is "clown".

He reminds me of a taller Jim Baker (the preacher) without the shitty grin on his face. Althought Hucks grin is pretty shitty. He is a flim flam funny man and does belong in the realm of Sean Hannity and Rush Limbaugh. He is more subtle. I wouldn't trust the guy one bit.
I think he's just bitter that Palin upstaged him. She stole his act and she's way cuter in the part. It's curtains for the Huckster, and not even a self-promoting tell-all book is going to buy him an encore.
Old 11-17-2008, 04:04 PM   #8
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think he's just bitter that Palin upstaged him. She stole his act and she's way cuter in the part. It's curtains for the Huckster, and not even a self-promoting tell-all book is going to buy him an encore.

While Palin is definitely a conservative and could be considered "religious right", I don't see her in the same vain as Huck or Hannity. I may be wrong, but I actually think Sarah with her strong beliefs could also be considerate of others in a real and sincere way. Maybe that is the feemale in her.

On the other hand Huck to me is a very disingenuish person. He mouths all the great things. He reminds me of the great preachers like Jimmy Baker and the "I have sinned with tears rolling down his face" guy. Their sincerity or lack thereof is veiled by there "pleasing personalities."
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:24 PM   #9
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
While Palin is definitely a conservative and could be considered "religious right", I don't see her in the same vain as Huck or Hannity. I may be wrong, but I actually think Sarah with her strong beliefs could also be considerate of others in a real and sincere way. Maybe that is the feemale in her.

On the other hand Huck to me is a very disingenuish person. He mouths all the great things. He reminds me of the great preachers like Jimmy Baker and the "I have sinned with tears rolling down his face" guy. Their sincerity or lack thereof is veiled by there "pleasing personalities."
That's what I mean when I say she upstaged him. She trumped him. She offers what he does (populist appeal, RR credentials), but her appeal (at least so far) is broader than that. Plus she's cute.
Old 11-17-2008, 08:50 PM   #10
BarbaraGordon

Mitt's guys wasted no time issuing a statement:

This type of pettiness is beneath Mike Huckabee. If we’re going to move the party forward, we need to offer more than personal recriminations. Unfortunately, in this book, Mike Huckabee is consumed with presumed slights, and he seems more interested in settling scores than in bringing people together.

I'm not sure Huck even knows what a recrimination is. (Cheapshot I know, but still I wonder.)