cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Outdoor / Scouting / Survival
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2007, 02:38 AM   #21
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
We are fortunate aren't we? I forgot to add that my neighbors routinely bust out the inflatable decorations to class up the neighborhood. Brutus the Buckeye and Homer Simpson as Santa Claus seem to be the favorites.
Yes, Homer's a good one. But do you have Snoopy dressed up as the Easter Bunny? Or Pistol Pete? A schooner, perhaps?

I tell you, it takes work to get into this neighborhood!
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:43 AM   #22
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Yes, Homer's a good one. But do you have Snoopy dressed up as the Easter Bunny? Or Pistol Pete? A schooner, perhaps?

I tell you, it takes work to get into this neighborhood!
Easter Bunny Snoopy? Very, very impressive. We should stop now before people think we're showing off.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:45 AM   #23
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I guess I should have mentioned that my home is 5 minutes to I-215 and I-15 as well, eh?

YOhio - I'd love to live in Dayton just to see the airplanes.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 02:48 AM   #24
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
Easter Bunny Snoopy? Very, very impressive. We should stop now before people think we're showing off.
Yeah. I suppose you're right. We don't want to make Seattle feel bad. (It's okay Seattle, I'm sure your neighborhood is really nice too.)
Old 04-06-2007, 03:05 AM   #25
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I guess I should have mentioned that my home is 5 minutes to I-215 and I-15 as well, eh?

YOhio - I'd love to live in Dayton just to see the airplanes.
Dude, you live near one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Salt Lake, Su Casa. Have you been there? It's right across the street from Dr. Johns, so you're probably in the area quite a bit.

As for the airplanes, they're cool. We have a great Air Force Museum.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #26
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
We get eagles in the fir trees in our yard.
Are they bald eagles? Last summer I vacationed at a home in Nordland on the Puget Sound, and bald eagles had nests in the trees. We were told it would be a federal offense for the owner of the property (and obviously his lessees) to touch any of the feathers that fall onto the land.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:11 AM   #27
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarbaraGordon View Post
Yeah. I suppose you're right. We don't want to make Seattle feel bad. (It's okay Seattle, I'm sure your neighborhood is really nice too.)
We are very gracious. I would never want to rub it in anybody's face by mentioning that my local Wal-Mart is a Super Wal-Mart with a grocery store, oil change station, hair salon, photo store, and McDonalds.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:17 AM   #28
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Dude, you live near one of my favorite Mexican restaurants in Salt Lake, Su Casa. Have you been there? It's right across the street from Dr. Johns, so you're probably in the area quite a bit.

As for the airplanes, they're cool. We have a great Air Force Museum.
I've eaten at Su Casa, but there are two other Mexican restaurants within a few minutes to the north and south of it that are far superior.

I also live close to a Del Taco and the Sports Mall. And an Albertsons. And a Smith's. And Murray Park. And TOSH. And a Best Buy. And an IHOP. And a Barnes and Noble. And a Fetal Photos (yes, it's exactly what it implies it is). And a Costco.

Dr. John's scares me, despite the fact that one of my nephews works there as a security guy.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2007, 03:29 AM   #29
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
I've eaten at Su Casa, but there are two other Mexican restaurants within a few minutes to the north and south of it that are far superior.
We'll have to disagree on this one. I lived in that area for a year after my mission and ate at Su Casa at least two or three times a week. Nothing fills me up like the Lunch or Dinner specials. I also love that their salsa has the consistency of ketchup.

I saw President Faust at the downtown Su Casa location a couple of years ago. He asked me what I ordered because he thought it looked good. But I guess you think you're better than President Faust.
Old 04-06-2007, 03:29 AM   #30
BarbaraGordon

Quote:
We are very gracious. I would never want to rub it in anybody's face by mentioning that my local Wal-Mart is a Super Wal-Mart with a grocery store, oil change station, hair salon, photo store, and McDonalds.
Exactly! And similarly, I would never deliberately point out that within two miles I have BOTH a Wal-Mart Supercenter AND a SuperTarget. After all, we must be modest.

(I'd also like to not mention that rumor has it we may have both a Circuit City and a Dress Barn soon! I can't wait! I've never had the chance to patronize a clothier that has the word "barn" in its name.)