cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-19-2007, 03:53 PM   #1
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American
Default Air Force

Were I an objective, un-biased viewer, I might tag this one as an upset in the works.

BYU, Utah, and TCU were determined the top three teams in the MWC-- with BYU arguably the least impressive of the three-- and Air Force beat the other two. BYU is on a two game losing streak, and Air Force is on a three game winning streak. They have confidence; we have questions, especially on special teams.

So what happens?
Old 09-19-2007, 03:56 PM   #2
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post
Were I an objective, un-biased viewer, I might tag this one as an upset in the works.

BYU, Utah, and TCU were determined the top three teams in the MWC-- with BYU arguably the least impressive of the three-- and Air Force beat the other two. BYU is on a two game losing streak, and Air Force is on a three game winning streak. They have confidence; we have questions, especially on special teams.

So what happens?
I couldn't possbily be that wrong about this BYU team. If the game is within a touchdown, I am concerned about getting to a mediocre 8-4 season this year.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 04:23 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American View Post

So what happens?
BYU rebounds with a good defensive performance stringing out the option and winning the turnover battle 2-1. Hall, Unga and CO have an effecient day and Cougs roll...27-17.
Old 09-19-2007, 05:27 PM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

I think BYU wins this game, for no other reason than a gut feeling.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 05:52 PM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

We should win, but there are some realities that give me concern. First, Austin Collie's ankle could sideline our best receiver and kick returner. Second, Mike Reeds shoulder could sideline our second best receiver and first best downfield blocker. Reed's blocking has given us a lot of extra yards. Third, we're undiscipline and AFA is disciplined. 100+ yards in penalties would be huge. Fourth, we have no kicking game. Have we only made one FG this season?

I'm not particularly concerned about our defense, only because I don't think the Falcons have the personel both to get past our secondary and throw past our secondary. Like the poster a few years ago that said "Our slow white boys are better than your slow white boys."
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2007, 09:08 PM   #6
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

BYU wins by 2-3 Touchdowns minimum. AFA is getting a lot of run off their 3-0 start and maybe deservedly so, but I'm sorry...I just think they're very overated.

Mark it down. BYU plays with a chip on their shoulder and wins convincingly.

New Mexico will be a much tougher game than AFA will.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:13 PM   #7
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
BYU wins by 2-3 Touchdowns minimum. AFA is getting a lot of run off their 3-0 start and maybe deservedly so, but I'm sorry...I just think they're very overated.

Mark it down. BYU plays with a chip on their shoulder and wins convincingly.

New Mexico will be a much tougher game than AFA will.
I think BYU wins, but last saturday's game taken in context of my analysis has me gunshy from the "mark it down" type of confidence.

Although as bad as my analsysis was it did move me into the lead of the Cougarguard intellgista, although it has yet to get Waters to recognize me in proper noun sorta way.