cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2009, 04:00 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The hatred that consumes the ALUF

That's the biggest turn-off I have for the Utes. The ALUF fans who seem to harbor these private grudges against BYU (and by extension, the church). I feel like saying, "Hell, turn if off, you are a grown man, so f-ing grow up."

One of my best friends in my ward is an ALUF. He is a great guy, and he will even says that he shouldn't speak bad of BYU in front of his kids, because he is afraid that his children will by extension develop negative attitudes towards the larger church (kids are going to separate out the two).

In some ways, the BYU vs. Utah rivalry reminds me of the A&M vs. UT rivalry in Texas.

BYU = UT.
Utah = A&M.

The angrier, more pathetic fans are the A&M fans. The UT fans have many other things on their mind. UU is populated by the product of local Utahns mating, whereas BYU draws from a national population with larger concerns.

If BYU can pull out a win, those of us superior BYU fans, will smile wryly at the though of the crushed ALUFs, the haters. Wallowing in their patheticness. And if BYU loses, we will smile wryly, and move on. We have larger concerns.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 04:04 PM   #2
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
That's the biggest turn-off I have for the Utes. The ALUF fans who seem to harbor these private grudges against BYU (and by extension, the church). I feel like saying, "Hell, turn if off, you are a grown man, so f-ing grow up."

One of my best friends in my ward is an ALUF. He is a great guy, and he will even says that he shouldn't speak bad of BYU in front of his kids, because he is afraid that his children will by extension develop negative attitudes towards the larger church (kids are going to separate out the two).

In some ways, the BYU vs. Utah rivalry reminds me of the A&M vs. UT rivalry in Texas.

BYU = UT.
Utah = A&M.

The angrier, more pathetic fans are the A&M fans. The UT fans have many other things on their mind. UU is populated by the product of local Utahns mating, whereas BYU draws from a national population with larger concerns.

If BYU can pull out a win, those of us superior BYU fans, will smile wryly at the though of the crushed ALUFs, the haters. Wallowing in their patheticness. And if BYU loses, we will smile wryly, and move on. We have larger concerns.
Here's a link of what introduced me to the vitriolic nature of the rivalry. Howard brought hate into the rivalry and Urban pissing on BYU added fuel to the fire.

http://www.deseretnews.com/article/7...a-rivalry.html
Old 11-25-2009, 05:36 PM   #3
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
He once opened a drawer in his office and told a reporter it was full of hate mail from LDS church leaders — though it's doubtful he would have known a general authority from a bank clerk.
LOL. Sounds like a few CG/CUF posters I know.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2009, 08:07 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

ALUF = the worst thing that can happen when two Utah Mormons mate. And that is saying something.
Old 11-26-2009, 07:34 AM   #5
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:

BYU = UT.
Utah = A&M.

LOL. Know thyself, hypocrite. Is MikeWaters the angriest man I know? Quite possibly. Just look at yourself here, screaming in a ghost town. Look at this diatribe in which you criticize angry people. It's funny. Darkly funny. But you seem to have lost your sense of humor. Least of all are you able to laugh at yourself. What's an ALUF?

I think you're angry at yourself that you went to BYU instead of UT. No one hates BYU as much as MikeWaters does. Yesterday woot said he hates BYU and still is stuck being a BYU fan. I thought of MikeWaters.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2009, 07:51 AM   #6
SeattleUte

By the way, your friend is right to not express his BYU hatred around his kids if he wants them to stay active. BYU and the LDS Church are domonstrably the same thing, and whatever trait any ALUF (whatever that is) idenntifies as loathsome in BYU exists in the LDS Church. BYU hatred is subliminal LDS hatred. They share the same signature characteristics; they are one flesh. Waters, remember that next time you express your disgust for BYU.

—Paul Auster
Old 11-26-2009, 06:16 PM   #7
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Didn't get me an ALUF, but hooked me its close cousin: the Utah-bred apostate Mormon Ute fan (the AMUF).
Old 11-26-2009, 10:17 PM   #8
SeattleUte

Quote:

Didn't get me an ALUF, but hooked me its close cousin: the Utah-bred apostate Mormon Ute fan (the AMUF).
And proud of it. Unlike you, I like myself and my loyalties. We don't dislike BYU because we're jealous or feel inferior. On the contrary.

—Paul Auster
Old 11-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
And proud of it. Unlike you, I like myself and my loyalties. We don't dislike BYU because we're jealous or feel inferior. On the contrary.
Being a vociferous anti-Mormon is pride and security in yourself?

Hmmm, interesting.
Old 11-29-2009, 02:51 AM   #10
SeattleUte

Quote:
Being a vociferous anti-Mormon is pride and security in yourself?

Hmmm, interesting.
I'm just trying to help you.

—Paul Auster