cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Interesting account of Wyoming football members getting

kicked off their team in 1969 because they planned to protest BYU by wearing black arm-bands. They were also upset because they said BYU had used racial epithets the year prior.

The paper says that in 1969 there had never been a black player on either the bball or football team at BYU.

So who were the first blacks for BYU?

http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/program/afri.../football.html
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 08:20 PM   #2
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Danny Frazier?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:09 PM   #3
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
kicked off their team in 1969 because they planned to protest BYU by wearing black arm-bands. They were also upset because they said BYU had used racial epithets the year prior.

The paper says that in 1969 there had never been a black player on either the bball or football team at BYU.

So who were the first blacks for BYU?

http://www.nyu.edu/gsas/program/afri.../football.html
BYU's next visit to Laramie will mark the 40th year anniversary. I would like to see a contingent consisting of Lavell Edwards, Mike Waters and whoever the President is then of the LDS Church be present while the Wyomingites commemorate that event. Lavell can thank them for effectively removing a barrier to his regional hegemony and announce that even though he won and lived in Provo he would have rather lost and lived in Provo than won and lived in Laramie or the Mississippi Delta. The LDS Church President can then read word for word Adam's apology to the world. Mike can offer himself a human sacrifice so that the entire concerned world can begin healing.

Then Max and co can go and deheifferize the Pokes, yet again.

I cannot find, but out there is an article on one of the Black 14. I can't recall the guy's name but he moved to Western Wyoming, Evanston I think and became a public school administrator. His son went to Utah State and you guessed it, met a blond hair, blue eyed Scandonavian MASP. Love shortly ensued and he was introduced to the LDS Church. He joined and as a black LDS man was able to be married in the Temple and receive the priesthood. His wife loves to have sex with him, I mean you know what they say.......

The article included a quote from his father about his son joining the Church and how happy it made him. The father said that everything he gave up to protest BYU was worth it because they finally won. He did not mention whether or not a 90 year old man reading an apology would finish his healing, but I am sure Oprah, MikeWaters and Adam would all agree that it would.
Old 12-17-2007, 09:30 PM   #4
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
BYU's next visit to Laramie will mark the 40th year anniversary. I would like to see a contingent consisting of Lavell Edwards, Mike Waters and whoever the President is then of the LDS Church be present while the Wyomingites commemorate that event. Lavell can thank them for effectively removing a barrier to his regional hegemony and announce that even though he won and lived in Provo he would have rather lost and lived in Provo than won and lived in Laramie or the Mississippi Delta. The LDS Church President can then read word for word Adam's apology to the world. Mike can offer himself a human sacrifice so that the entire concerned world can begin healing.

I cannot find, but out there is an article on one of the Black 14. I can't recall the guy's name but he moved to Western Wyoming, Evanston I think and became a public school administrator. His son went to Utah State and you guessed it, met a blond hair, blue eyed Scandonavian MASP. Love shortly ensued and he was introduced to the LDS Church. He joined and as a black LDS man was able to be married in the Temple and receive the priesthood. His wife loves to have sex with him, I mean you know what they say.......

The article included a quote from his father about his son joining the Church and how happy it made him. The father said that everything he gave up to protest BYU was worth it because they finally won. He did not mention whether or not a 90 year old man reading an apology would finish his healing, but I am sure Oprah, MikeWaters and Adam would all agree that it would.
Dear Wyoming, thanks for helping us broaden our recruiting base that has resulted in us pulverizing you every year.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:32 PM   #5
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

This episode, of course, was much more successful than the little-known demonostration the previous year, where all the women on the football team were kicked off for demonstrations about the denial of priesthood to women.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 09:38 PM   #6
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
This episode, of course, was much more successful than the little-known demonostration the previous year, where all the women on the football team were kicked off for demonstrations about the denial of priesthood to women.
Seriously Tex you sound ugly when you talk like that. Just leave it be.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:04 PM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post

Dang. That was funny.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 PM   #8
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Seriously Tex you sound ugly when you talk like that. Just leave it be.
It was supposed to be funny. As in, there are (typcially) no women on football teams.

Har ... har ... har.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:17 PM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex View Post
It was supposed to be funny. As in, there are (typcially) no women on football teams.

Har ... har ... har.
You and Triplet must have attended the same comedy school.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2007, 10:22 PM   #10
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
You and Triplet must have attended the same comedy school.
For a black person, you're very unfunny.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote