cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-08-2008, 03:03 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

I think people that molest, rape, abuse children should be punished severely. And no, I don't believe a child can ever consent to sexual activity with an adult.

Conspiracy to commit crime -- this should be punished.

But when you say it is illegal to discuss laws and advocate that laws should be changed....you have really hit on something that, if illegal, makes you an almost totalitarian state.

Which laws could be discussed and debated? Which couldn't? NAMBLA is certainly one of the most extreme cases, and the most offensive I can think of. These people should be shamed, shout down, and reviled. Perhaps within legal limits they should be observed. But if you ban discussion of the law, what is next? Which law will you not be able to advocate to change?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:08 PM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
I think people that molest, rape, abuse children should be punished severely. And no, I don't believe a child can ever consent to sexual activity with an adult.

Conspiracy to commit crime -- this should be punished.

But when you say it is illegal to discuss laws and advocate that laws should be changed....you have really hit on something that, if illegal, makes you an almost totalitarian state.

Which laws could be discussed and debated? Which couldn't? NAMBLA is certainly one of the most extreme cases, and the most offensive I can think of. These people should be shamed, shout down, and reviled. Perhaps within legal limits they should be observed. But if you ban discussion of the law, what is next? Which law will you not be able to advocate to change?
Now you're twisting the argument to fit your defense.

I don't equate defending NAMBLA's right to exist as banning discussion of law or hurting the Constitution.

You do and that's fine.

I've said my piece here and am through with you on this issue.

It's painted you in a light and shows who you stand with and reveals tons about who you really are and that saddens me you believe in and not only support the most base and pure form of evil, torture and abuse. Ironic.

And the irony is..you actually think you're standing for something moral here and don't realize that you've been duped.

Spare the rod, but rape the child and the right to defend their right to rape. That's the stand you've taken here today.
Old 05-08-2008, 03:15 PM   #13
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Now you're twisting the argument to fit your defense.

I don't equate defending NAMBLA's right to exist as banning discussion of law or hurting the Constitution.

You do and that's fine.

I've said my piece here and am through with you on this issue.

It's painted you in a light and shows who you stand with and reveals tons about who you really are and that saddens me you believe in and not only support the most base and pure form of evil, torture and abuse. Ironic.

And the irony is..you actually think you're standing for something moral here and don't realize that you've been duped.

Spare the rod, but rape the child and the right to defend their right to rape. That's the stand you've taken here today.
Good time to quit is when you have no answer.

Freedom versus Security. I choose Freedom. You choose Security.

And this is why you are a fascist. You believe that security trumps freedom.

Do I believe I occupy the moral highground by supporting the First Amendment? Yes I do. You don't support the First amendment. And you have really spoken to who you are: a fascist.

Actually, I do exaggerate a bit. In Britain, you can be prosecuted for being inflammatory in speech. And other European countries as well. Like if you criticize Muslims publicly and that kind of thing.

The ironic thing is that your modus operandi REQUIRES freedom, yet you mock freedom. It's pretty ironic.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #14
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

That's fine Mike.

It's something we're both clearly passionate about and there's nothing wrong with that.

I like you, even though I think you're full of shit 90% of the time.