cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-31-2007, 02:10 AM   #11
BlueK

BlueK is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
That is why I watch Fox. At least their I get two sides of any story and then they let me decide.
LOL. This is the funniest post of the entire thread. To me Fox's discussion shows are the junior high food fight equivalent of that genre. In my mind I can hear O'Reilly's, "oh come on, shut up!" to his guests he doesn't agree with or Hannity's ad hominems whenever he runs out of brain cells to deal with the points being made. CNN is so far left to be comical sometimes. But Fox is often the same thing to me only on the other side. MSNBC is the only place I can watch. I disagree with Matthews and Olbermann all the time but somehow they're watchable to me. I guess it's a matter of taste. I don't know. It just seems like CNN is for liberals who have no idea they're getting a slanted production and Fox is for the conservatives who know they're getting a right slanted production and don't want the other side, or at least only want a parodied, slanted view of the other side.

Last edited by BlueK; 10-31-2007 at 02:27 AM.
BlueK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 04:41 AM   #12
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
Then let them fight for it and win it. Good luck guys.
Hey, we needed help from France to win the Revolutionary War. Why are you so eager to abandon the Iraqis who want democracy?

And Bluek, it always makes me laugh to see liberals ranting about how awful O'Reilly and Hannity are... they are entertainers who are paid to be slanted. You get stuff just as crazy, loud, and partisan from elected Democrat officials. And the fact that they tangle with the right-wing entertainers (Reid vs. Rush anyone?) is even more funny.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:00 PM   #13
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueK View Post
LOL. This is the funniest post of the entire thread. To me Fox's discussion shows are the junior high food fight equivalent of that genre. In my mind I can hear O'Reilly's, "oh come on, shut up!" to his guests he doesn't agree with or Hannity's ad hominems whenever he runs out of brain cells to deal with the points being made. CNN is so far left to be comical sometimes. But Fox is often the same thing to me only on the other side. MSNBC is the only place I can watch. I disagree with Matthews and Olbermann all the time but somehow they're watchable to me. I guess it's a matter of taste. I don't know. It just seems like CNN is for liberals who have no idea they're getting a slanted production and Fox is for the conservatives who know they're getting a right slanted production and don't want the other side, or at least only want a parodied, slanted view of the other side.
Fox does present the other side. They just choose dopes like Alan Combes (sp) to present it.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:06 PM   #14
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Fox does present the other side. They just choose dopes like Alan Combes (sp) to present it.
Speaking of which, how much longer has Colmes have to live? That guy looks like he's had one foot in the grave for forever.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2007, 02:39 PM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Speaking of which, how much longer has Colmes have to live? That guy looks like he's had one foot in the grave for forever.
In the funny, but not so funny category. When they first started the show they had call ins. One guy called in and went off on Colmes and said some unkind words about him being cross-eyed.

One of those moments where I laughed and then realized I wasn't a very good person for doing so.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote