cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-05-2008, 02:45 PM   #41
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
It means we have a responsibility to Iraq after having come in and removed the primary center of power. It means we have a reasponsibility to address the needs of Iraq (power, food, education, health care, security, etc.) after having destroyed much of it in throwing out Saddam. It means we have a responsibility to provide some guidance and education on establishing a civil political system that can be sustained over time. It means not leaving Iraq at the mercies of it's neighbors, providing hope for a viable Iraq that can be a stabilizing force in the region.

It means America has a responsibility to Iraq to not run away when things get dicey.
How nice of America,Thank you.

but it still doesnot mean you OWN that country? does it? or is it a euphemism for a new colonial Era?

Leave alone who put all these responsibilities on your already busy shoulders and have you ever had any plans to project in Iraq.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 03:30 PM   #42
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
One of my concerns with Barack Obama is that he seems to relish his own popularity, deeming himself an agent of change while using religious terms to describe himself. What happens when one of his smart advisors makes an unpopular, yet necessary, recommendation? I wonder how open he would be when the change he's seeking will abandon a segment of his base. He'll have to have spine to deal with being hated by his own.

He seems to be a leader who thrives on emotion over logic. Isn't emotion his whole appeal? He inspires his followers to unity. He makes us believe that change is going to come. Yet the President will never be a uniter if he wants to be effective. He has to hurt feelings, step on toes, cut budgets, cut programs, fire people, offend constituencies, and a number of other unpleasant tasks. I just don't see Oprah's guy being right for that job.
I couldn't disagree more. I find his reasoning to be quite logical and deliberate.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:05 PM   #43
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
I couldn't disagree more. I find his reasoning to be quite logical and deliberate.
Y hit it on the head.

Obama is the Democratic revivalist a la Yuckabee. That's why he appeals to the Oprah crowd, the Phil Donohue crowd.

You masturbate the emotions, whip them into a frenzy and nobody knows or cares what he talked about because it felt like a great rush of cum.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:07 PM   #44
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Y hit it on the head.

Obama is the Democratic revivalist a la Yuckabee. That's why he appeals to the Oprah crowd, the Phil Donohue crowd.

You masturbate the emotions, whip them into a frenzy and nobody knows or cares what he talked about because it felt like a great rush of cum.
Wow- that was disgusting. You do realize that a person can be passionate, great at motivating, and logical all at the same time?
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 04:09 PM   #45
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Wow- that was disgusting. You do realize that a person can be passionate, great at motivating, and logical all at the same time?
No I don't believe that. And that's the impact these revivalists have upon me. I'm basically sick to my stomach, so I'm glad I could oblige.

Last edited by Archaea; 01-05-2008 at 04:36 PM.
Archaea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:32 PM   #46
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
But i would call people who are not educating themselves under religious leadears's influence as "Stupid".

However its very difficult to blame religious leaders for people's stupidity ..since true islamic leaders are supposed to preach and lead people through Quran ..a book which perpeutally urges people "to read ,learn,search and contemplate" in all areas ,in every single page.

taking a tour in any islamic field would help you realise that ,in Islam there is no place for sweeping things under carpet unless you are preferably choose to educate yourself via inaccurate sources ..which i beleive is still not all bad ,because it would make you leave these sort of comments here and there to the point of arousing muslims readers to defend thier religion and share thier ideas with you.

poor education and culture are what, islam has always been agonized over through the history.
Arabs are not stupid in that they understand their situation and make the most out of what leverage they have.

mindful, were you pissed that you didn't make the round of 64? what was the reaction in the Middle East when you found out?

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:53 PM   #47
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
How nice of America,Thank you.

but it still doesnot mean you OWN that country? does it? or is it a euphemism for a new colonial Era?

Leave alone who put all these responsibilities on your already busy shoulders and have you ever had any plans to project in Iraq.
It's merely a euphemism. Look around the world where America has done the things I laid out (Japan and Germany to start) and your "thank you"s will sincerely echo those we've heard from nations we've "owned" in the past. Better yet, you'll have a stable Iraq as a neighbor; what's not to like?

Although I can see why your current leadership would fear such a development.

We're strange occupiers. We dump resources in rather than haul them out.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 05:55 PM   #48
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Y hit it on the head.

That Obama has the Oprah endorsement, and relishes in it, is reason enough to be afraid, very afraid.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2008, 06:01 PM   #49
Archaea

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
That Obama has the Oprah endorsement, and relishes in it, is reason enough to be afraid, very afraid.
It means he can be popular without having a brain. I'm not accusing him of being brainless I imagine he's a very cunning, power-hungry manipulator, who's studied communications in order to hone the revivalist, emotionally masturbating style. He's running on pure emotion and hoping nobody actually analyzes what he's saying. If one reads it, one goes "huh", he can't mean that.

He reminds me of a speech coach, who could sound like a preacher, merely reciting the alphabet. You'd swear he was giving a Sunday sermon. That's Obama for me, somebody who's content is mere puffery but whose style appeals to the masses who are asses. I despise it whenever a politician is currying to my baser instincts and engaging in mob manipulation.
Old 01-05-2008, 06:04 PM   #50
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
...I despise it whenever a politician is currying to my baser instincts and engaging in mob manipulation.
So, like me, you hate most all politicians.

Obama offers nothing that doesn't already exist. That isn't change.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote