cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-21-2008, 01:09 PM   #11
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

The timing may be low but does anybody not believe this story. I bet he's put up Bill Clinton type numbers when it comes to the number of affairs he had.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:14 PM   #12
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by RC Vikings View Post
The timing may be low but does anybody not believe this story. I bet he's put up Bill Clinton type numbers when it comes to the number of affairs he had.
To me Obama seems more likely a swordsman than McCain; he's a cult hero, right? The Times can quote me on that one!

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 03:52 PM   #13
RC Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
To me Obama seems more likely a swordsman than McCain; he's a cult hero, right? The Times can quote me on that one!
I'm sure they is some dirt on Obama. It will be interesting when the Republicans play that card.
Old 02-21-2008, 04:25 PM   #14
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

McCain denies everything this morning. Now we wait for the response from his "accusers," one having already outed himself. He may not have had the affair, but his denying his staff warned him could sink him if more staff come out saying they did.

The next 48 hours are critical. If this gets legs, Repubs should start looking for someone else.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:31 PM   #15
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Since when does bonking younger women disqualify one from the presidency?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:48 PM   #16
SeattleUte

This is much ado about nothing. Who cares, except it may make us see McCain as not quite so old as we did before.

Nobody is living under an illusion that any of these people are "squeaky clean." An eight year old story about office gossip is a non-starter.

—Paul Auster
Old 02-21-2008, 04:49 PM   #17
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
The next 48 hours are critical. If this gets legs, Repubs should start looking for someone else.
Kenneth, what's the frequency?

—Paul Auster
Old 02-21-2008, 04:56 PM   #18
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
You guys are completely missing the point. The story isn't about McCain and some bimbo (why is the girl always the bimbo?). The story is about McCain's double standards--he professes to be above ethical question and has repeatedly been guilty of ugly conflict of interests.

The story about the possible girlfriend lobbyist for whom McCain helps with legislation is one example. The flying one donor jets is another. The Keating five case is another. And the story lists others.

The piece isn't a hit job. It highlights how McCain isn't as squeeky clean as he claims/represents to be. I think it is legit.
Come on. Who really believes he is squeeky clean, maybe the media. They have been the ones that hype his "straight talk" stuff. Don't you find it at the very least humorous, that now his buddies are going to be the ones to dash the myth they created.

An I.Q. over 90 allows you to figure out none of them are squeeky clean. Of course most people who rely on the media have under 90 IQ's. Therefor those folks will continue to scream "yes we can".
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2008, 04:57 PM   #19
RC Vikings

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam View Post
The piece isn't a hit job. It highlights how McCain isn't as squeeky clean as he claims/represents to be. I think it is legit.
The only time this guy was squeaky clean was his 6 years in Hanoi.
Old 02-21-2008, 05:18 PM   #20
SeattleUte

Democrats need to be careful. They know their guy isn't squeaky clean, and that's why Cali is disaproving. Mark my words, Obama is a swordsman.

—Paul Auster