cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-01-2006, 05:35 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Whiners about the War in Iraq miss the point.

I disagreed with the war then. If one reviewed my CB record, one will note my opposition.

However, that's not the point NOW.

The proper question is what should we do now and in the future?

What should our role be?

Politics being what it is, the focus is almost always upon the past, rarely the present and almost never the future.

How does the US achieve some level of stability and leave having done something, not all things, to help.

Because everybody discussing this matter seems to be a know-it-all without really "knowing" anything about the issue, I remain uninformed and perplexed.

Our own beloved MikeWaters is either trolling or simply has his dander up, because I don't know what the situation is in Iraq and what is accomplishable. One should set reasonable goals, do as much as one can do to accomplish them, declare victory and move on.

If one listens to rhetoric of politicians, then one is naive and always ready to be disappointed and outraged. Listen not to their rhetoric, for it is meaningless shit. Instead, if we could, it would be more informative to read the assessment memos, discuss matters with experts of the region, listen and evaluate the consultants as to what can be done, formulate a plan and do it. Let the politicos sell the crapola however they can and move on.

This course of action would be more truthful and actually might serve to develop a better plan, but the Michael Moore method of government is one of insanity.