cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-05-2005, 05:40 PM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default ESPN the Magazine article on BYU

Did anyone else read this article I actually found it to be fascinating. First off I think Lavell Edwards comments really reflect some frustration over the way the honor code is being administered.

I also really agree with the opinion of Darron Smith. BYU either needs to find a better way to handle the non-LDS athletes to assimilate them into BYU or they need to stop recruitting them. It is not enough to simply hand someone a list of rules and say follow these rules. Even people who have a spiritual basis for following the honor code can struggle with it.

Anyway a very interesting read, however, more importantly in that current issue there is an argue on Zito, Mulder, and Hudson that all should read.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2005, 03:07 PM   #2
HuskyFreeNorthwest

HuskyFreeNorthwest is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The way LaVell framed a couple of his quotes

Actually had me wondering if BYU would ever win again. Reading the article pretty much ruined my day. I have held out hope for a long time that BYU was just in a down swing with talent and some questionable coaching, but what LaVell said about the administration made me think that guys like BYU71 that keep talking about the admin not caring, or maybe even not wanting us to be good in sports, are maybe onto something.
HuskyFreeNorthwest is offline   Reply With Quote