cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-09-2005, 03:32 AM   #1
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk
Default Congrats on the win

Did not see any of the game so I cannot comment on it but I think it is obvious right now that we have some wildly inconsistent teams in this conference. Also that TCU is the best team hands down.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 04:02 PM   #2
Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Not so sure that they are the best team in the confrence hands down. They are two plays from being 2-2 in the confrence. Or one lousy defensive stop sometime in the last 1 1/2 quarters of a game.

Did anybody think that Wyoming was for real? TCU's luck has got to run out sometime.

Go Cougars!
Nobody Special is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2005, 06:05 PM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Yes, congrats on the win...

I didn't see any of the Y game either, butI read in this morning's paper about it. Perhaps the Cougars are starting to feel a bit more comfortable as a team now.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 03:18 PM   #4
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

I agree with nobody special. I don't think that TCU is hands down the best team. Could easily have lost to OK, Utah and BYU. Could also have easily beat SMU. They're still on their MWC honeymoon, just as Crowton was his first year.

Everyone eases up on the "new guy" at thursday night church basketball, and everyone eases up the harshness of their posts on CB when they realize that a non-member/cougar parent(eh hem) are on-line. :wink:

I also don't buy into Wyoming. My wife is from the Cowboy state, so I have to tread lightly when they are on and when speaking of the crap brown and puke yellow. They have a decent coach and usually have fairly good position players. Beat a bad Ole Miss team. So what? I predict a BYU win in Laramie.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 04:36 PM   #5
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

my puke is usually green, but I suppose it is a silly thing to quibble over. My piss, however, is usually yellow, sometimes clear, and once red.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2005, 05:06 PM   #6
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

TCU this year reminds me of Utah in 2003. The team is getting all the right bounces and taking advantage of all these bounces. I realize all the games are close but that does not make me think any less of the team right now.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2005, 01:44 AM   #7
Nobody Special

Nobody Special

Can't argue with the success that they are having, but I'm not sure that they are that much better than anybody esle in the league.

How many times did the Cowboys and Lobos turn the ball over for them? And I can't remember for sure, but I don't think that they had very far to drive on any of thier scoring drives.

But, hey they are 4-0 and have beaten the teams they have played, but they will lose one here sometime I would suspect.

It just goes to show how mediocre the MWC is this year.

Go Cougars!
Nobody Special is offline   Reply With Quote