cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2007, 10:33 PM   #1
K-dog

K-dog is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by K-dog View Post
I just read another article on the Marmalade district of SLC and their effort to define themselves as a "gayborhood." I'm intrigued by the effort to label and carve out districts that are predominantly homosexual. The 'Mos seem to be trying to create their own area in each city where others views aren't tolerated. As someone living in one of the areas they are trying to control, I get really sick of their constant efforts to silence the opinions of others and impose on others lives.
Implicit in this, my original post, is the fact that I don't live in Marmalade but rather another district they are trying to control.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
K-dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 12:27 AM   #2
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I just read another article on the Marmalade district of SLC and their effort to define themselves as a "gayborhood." I'm intrigued by the effort to label and carve out districts that are predominantly homosexual. The 'Mos seem to be trying to create their own area in each city where others views aren't tolerated. As someone living in one of the areas they are trying to control, I get really sick of their constant efforts to silence the opinions of others and impose on others lives.
How are they any different from anyone else? One of the reasons we bought a house where we did was because there were a lot of young families like us living here. I wanted my kids to have the opportunity to have neighbor friends. Why wouldn't gays and lesbians seek out the same familiarity when they house hunt?

Also, I am curious what you mean by
Quote:
constant efforts to silence the opinions of others and impose on others lives
Can you share some specific examples of what your gay neighbors in the Avenues are doing to silence your opinions and impose on your life?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:16 PM   #3
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
How are they any different from anyone else? One of the reasons we bought a house where we did was because there were a lot of young families like us living here. I wanted my kids to have the opportunity to have neighbor friends. Why wouldn't gays and lesbians seek out the same familiarity when they house hunt?

Also, I am curious what you mean by

Can you share some specific examples of what your gay neighbors in the Avenues are doing to silence your opinions and impose on your life?
Read the thread. I include examples.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-13-2007, 04:37 PM   #4
marsupial

marsupial is on a distinguished road

Quote:
I include examples.
Examples=plural. I only noticed you mentioning one: the sign being torn down and thrown in your window. Were there other examples that I missed?
marsupial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2007, 04:46 PM   #5
K-dog

Quote:
Originally Posted by marsupial View Post
Examples=plural. I only noticed you mentioning one: the sign being torn down and thrown in your window. Were there other examples that I missed?
Multiple signs being torn down, one thrown through window. Sufficient examples for me.

K-dog

P.S. Grrrrrrrrr
Old 11-13-2007, 05:58 PM   #6
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Multiple signs being torn down, one thrown through window. Sufficient examples for me.
Consider yourself lucky, then.

Just wait until they gays really start to get organized in your neighborhood.....the next thing you know, they are voting en masse for candidates that will offer them equal rights, freedom from discrimination, and maybe even marriage or medical visitation rights. Or even worse.....the dreaded rainbow flag on the porch. GASP!

Talk about oppressing my personal beliefs and silencing my opinions! How dare they!

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote