cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-03-2008, 09:45 PM   #1
SteelBlue

SteelBlue is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Blue tooth makes an ass out of me at least once a day

I work in a hospital and nearly every physician uses a blue-tooth headset nowadays. In addition, many of the visitors, pts' family members etc... are walking around with them as well. I realize they've been around for quite a while now, but I still get faked out all the time and end up answering somebody's question out loud that was never even directed at me. Sometimes it's even more than the "hey, how are you doin'?" that I'll answer to. It makes me feel like a complete idiot, but imo wearing that thing outside of your car just isn't fair.
SteelBlue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:47 AM   #2
danimal

danimal is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
I work in a hospital and nearly every physician uses a blue-tooth headset nowadays. In addition, many of the visitors, pts' family members etc... are walking around with them as well. I realize they've been around for quite a while now, but I still get faked out all the time and end up answering somebody's question out loud that was never even directed at me. Sometimes it's even more than the "hey, how are you doin'?" that I'll answer to. It makes me feel like a complete idiot, but imo wearing that thing outside of your car just isn't fair.
Hah! Happened to me many times too.
Tobias: You know, Lindsay, as a therapist, I have advised a number of couples to explore an open relationship where the couple remains emotionally committed, but free to explore extra-marital encounters.

Lindsay: Well, did it work for those people?

Tobias: No, it never does. I mean, these people somehow delude themselves into thinking it might, but...but it might work for us.
danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2008, 12:57 AM   #3
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

There is that amusing beer commercial based on this faux pas wherre the guy hears the woman behind hiim give a sort of coy invitation to her place he turns zround and accepts and she then reveals that she was on the phone and looks at him like he is a creep.
Old 04-04-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

I like to do this on purpose. When I notice someone talking on a bluetooth, and they ask a question I can answer, I'll do it. I do it loudly. I try to make it entertaining, but sometimes fail.

If they glare at me, it makes me laugh. I'm not the idiot walking around talking to a little piece of plastic dangling from my ear.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote