cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 05:51 PM   #11
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Indeed, He has chosen you and not versa visa. Your strong shoulders will help to one day bring to pass the greater enlightenment you wish to see.
unfortunately I have an uphill battle. I however, am garnering an army whose principles will be based on the astute wisdom cougarguard's own Solon.

"I just want the church to leave me alone"

"Church is 3 hours on sunday. No church on saturday, no church on sunday night"
Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #12
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
"limited political capital"??? It's a ward PEC meeting, for crying out loud. Do you think he is campaigning for a bishopric calling?
Where was that quote from last week about sense of humor?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 05:55 PM   #13
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
"limited political capital"??? It's a ward PEC meeting, for crying out loud. Do you think he is campaigning for a bishopric calling?
That might be all the more reason to speak up.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:03 PM   #14
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Where was that quote from last week about sense of humor?
Trust me. I laughed plenty.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:04 PM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mormon Red Death View Post
Yesterday in PEC we were talking about a family that was baptized 3 years ago and is still going strong except for the father has some serious medical conditions. Anyway their daughter is going to the University of Michigan (on a band scholarship). When our high counselor hears this he says "She should go to byu it would be a better place for her"

No one says anything for a couple of minutes (like that should be recommendation) so I responded:

"are you kidding??? go for free to one of the top universities in the nation or go to byu? Additionally, U of M has a great singles ward and institute. Not to mention she is only 60 miles away if her father has more difficulties."

Then other people turned this on me like I'm a bad person and byu hater because I called him in on his idiocy.

arrrrrrrrrrgghhhhhhhhhhh
Obviously someone like my 2nd cousin who has been a Bishop, Stake President, Mission President and counselor in the Temple Presidency isn't in your PEC meeting.

I am in the same ward as he is. One time during a lesson on great moments in church history the instructor wrote down on the chalk board the date BYU was founded. My cousin stood up and said that is not a great day in church history and erase it. The teacher said no, so my cousin walked out of class.

I myself am waiting to walk out when the teacher won't erase that a single guy can't have premarital sex.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:07 PM   #16
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Trust me. I laughed plenty.
Judging by your response, it wasn't for the right reason.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 06:41 PM   #17
ChinoCoug

ChinoCoug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
unfortunately I have an uphill battle. I however, am garnering an army whose principles will be based on the astute wisdom cougarguard's own Solon.

I think you're in the wrong religion dude.

Try a mainline church. You might not get that many social benefits, but to you they're not worth the cost anyway. Stay away from Pentecostals, Mormons; they'll work you to death.
Old 10-29-2007, 06:50 PM   #18
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Seemed to me you were more interested in the Church leaving other people alone or digging on BYU, because for somebody advocating mutual indifference you seem very concerned for the aforementioned young lady as you interjected your opinion as to what is better for her.

I forgive you, you were raised mormon and try as two utes and you may to be the rebelious borderlander advocating less ecclesiastical involvement, your eternal destiny and future is better personified by tooblue, God bless him!
Old 10-29-2007, 07:00 PM   #19
Mormon Red Death

Quote:
Seemed to me you were more interested in the Church leaving other people alone or digging on BYU, because for somebody advocating mutual indifference you seem very concerned for the aforementioned young lady as you interjected your opinion as to what is better for her.

I forgive you, you were raised mormon and try as two utes and you may to be the rebelious borderlander advocating less ecclesiastical involvement, your eternal destiny and future is better personified by tooblue, God bless him!
the thing was that I wasn't digging on byu. I was pointing out that her education at Michigan is going to be far better than byu. Her family and herself knows what best for her. If they said we should send tell her to go to Utah I still would have said they were stupid. I don't want the bishop to say anything to her.
Old 10-29-2007, 07:05 PM   #20
Mormon Red Death

Quote:
hopefully god doesn't punish me so...