cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2007, 09:31 PM   #1
Burning Bright

Burning Bright is on a distinguished road
Default Am I unreasonable?

Just wanted an opinion to see what other people think of this topic.

Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas). Someday she'll be 16 and I definately don't want her to have that message then. So instead of sending her to school, I'm going to take the family to a museum.

What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?
Burning Bright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:35 PM   #2
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burning Bright View Post

Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas). Someday she'll be 16 and I definately don't want her to have that message then. So instead of sending her to school, I'm going to take the family to a museum.

What are your thoughts? Does my opinion make sense or am I being unreasonable. I'm curious as to what your thoughts are?
My thoughts are that I really hope this is a joke.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:39 PM   #3
Mrs. Funk

Mrs. Funk is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I think that "intimate apparel" is a fairly subjective term. There's a big difference between flannel pajamas and a T-shirt and lingerie. I had plenty of male friends in high school who saw me in my "pajamas" (loose pajama bottoms or sweats) and I don't think this is inappropriate at all. I didn't associate this as "intimate apparel." In fact, it was the opposite of sexy. I was being downright grungy.

I don't know that sending your daughter to kindergarten in pink flannel pajamas with cupcakes on them is going to naturally result in a 16-year-old girl being around a boy in her bra and panties. I don't think that pajamas are inherently "intimate apparel" and that any sensible 16-year-old can tell the difference.
Mrs. Funk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:41 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Tomorrow I'm not sending my little girl to kindergarten because her class is having a pajama day. I don't want her to get the message that it's OK to fraternize with unrelated boys while everyone is wearing intimate apparel (pajamas).
Reminds me of a Clayton Bigsby (Chapelle) quote: "If anyone is going to have sex with my sister, IT'S GOING TO BE ME!"
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #5
non sequitur

non sequitur is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
My thoughts are that I really hope this is a joke.
I've said it from the beginning: Burning Bright is another CG poster playing the part of clueless mullah. Nice try BB, but you'll have to do better.
...You've been under attack for days, there's a soldier down, he's wounded, gangrene's setting in, 'Who's used all the penicillin?' 'Oh, Mark Paxson sir, he's got knob rot off of some tart.'" - Gareth Keenan
non sequitur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:47 PM   #6
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by non sequitur View Post
I've said it from the beginning: Burning Bright is another CG poster playing the part of clueless mullah. Nice try BB, but you'll have to do better.
BB sent me a PM saying it's not a joke. But I hope you're right. Otherwise I feel REALLY bad for his/her kids. Yikes.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:48 PM   #7
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

My thoughts are that it sort of hurts when you yank my chain so forcefully and there is no payoff at the end.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:49 PM   #8
Burning Bright

I think I better define intimate. From the following:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/intimate

I use the first definition:

1. associated in close personal relations: an intimate friend.
Old 10-22-2007, 09:50 PM   #9
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Depends. Are there nekked statues at the museum? Dioramas with Indians in loincloths?
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2007, 09:51 PM   #10
Burning Bright

Quote:
Originally Posted by hyrum View Post
Depends. Are there nekked statues at the museum? Dioramas with Indians in loincloths?

Dinosaur bones.