cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #41
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Nobody is disputing what Adam stated or what even went on 160 years ago in the early LDS Church. I don't think your comment is germaine, however. As Adam has also stated most of the average Utahn's are woefully ignorant of LDS history. That is why Adam is the first. He, along with Mike Waters on the African descent and the priesthood issue, exist to lead the rest of us to the path of true knowledge of who we are and how we got here. Hence, it is stupid to conclude that the Utahn's agreeing with seperating the FLDS children from YFZ Ranch are doing so in an effort to excuse themselves of a past for which they are blissfully unaware. I don't think you are stupid as much as I think you hate yourself. The true cause of your hate is neither the fact that you are a Native Utahn nor the fact that your ancestors abused young girls, but rather that you willfully chose to disassociate yourself with God's true religion which they sacrificed so much to establish. Regardless, the covenants promised to your ancestors are true and despite you being an insufferable asshat, God will come and get you because of their faithfullness. I think Adam stated that once as well.
I guess Adam is like the Talmud here now. That must please him to no end.

Why don't you just take the straightest line to psychoanalyzing me. I'm one of the few (along with Waters and Adam and now a few chosen others who frequent here including yourself) who know the truth about the past and the present, and I don't like what I see. By the way, I follow a long tradition. Were your European ancestors who left their ancestral lands and changed religions "self-loathing." You're too smart to resort to this "self-loathing" triteness.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:23 PM   #42
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

This morning on one of the news programs they had the President of the seventh Day aventist church, an attorney, and a lady that wrote a book about polygamy.

The attorney said that the reason this had gone on for so long is because law enforcement in Utah and Arizona have done nothing about it. She also went on to say that in Texas, a lot of mormons didnt care that this was happening because they liked th FLDS vote when running for positions of government.

The Seventh day Aventist president said that they had no right to enter in to the temple while people were worshipping and in the manner in which they did. He said they can allow them to finish their worship or ask them to leave the temple before entering.

The lady regarding polygamy said that the young girls were choked, and beat all the time. Can you show where in the early church, we would choke and beat young girls in to submissivness? Thanks in advance.

Last edited by cougjunkie; 04-10-2008 at 07:29 PM.
cougjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:29 PM   #43
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
records and affadavits. Kind of a novel idea, don't you think? Facts. And you call my intellect faulty? LOL

You're not called spaz for nothing.
rofl.

1. The 'court records & affidavit's' are apparently already inclusive of all evidence involved in the case, eh?
2. You claim to have access to all the court records & evidence currently involved in the case?

How about this novel idea? If you stop assuming you are basing your opinion on a complete & perfect knowledge of all the evidence involved, maybe your view wouldn't be quite so obstructed by your own colon.

Hey - you might as well check out your prostate while you're up there. That could explain your 'going problem'.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"

Last edited by Spaz; 04-10-2008 at 07:33 PM.
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #44
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post

Why don't you just take the straightest line to psychoanalyzing me. I'm one of the few (along with Waters and Adam and now a few chosen others who frequent here including yourself) who know the truth about the past and the present, and I don't like what I see. By the way, I follow a long tradition. Were your European ancestors who left their ancestral lands and changed religions "self-loathing." You're too smart to resort to this "self-loathing" triteness.
No. My ancestors are not insufferable asshats, that is always the first indicator of self-loathing.
Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #45
scottie

scottie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
As Adam has stated, none of this Orthodox LDS stuff even at its worst differs from what early Mormons did.
Are you referring to a specific recent post by Adam related to this FLDS incident? If so, it appears either Adam or an admin deleted it.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:31 PM   #46
Spaz

Quote:

Congratulations on a successful hijack.

"It doesn't mean that if we lose a game or when we lose a game people won't then jump on and say the quest is over. Because they will. But they've missed the point." -Bronco Mendenhall on "The Quest"
Old 04-10-2008, 07:34 PM   #47
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
This morning on one of the news programs they had the President of the seventh Day aventist church, an attorney, and a lady that wrote a book about polygamy.

The attorney said that the reason this had gone on for so long is because law enforcement in Utah and Arizona have done nothing about it. She also went on to say that in Texas, a lot of mormons didnt care that this was happening because they liked th FLDS vote when running for positions of government.

The Seventh day Aventist president said that they had no right to enter in to the temple while people were worshipping and in the manner in which they did. He said they can allow them to finish their worship or ask them to leave the temple before entering.

The lady regarding polygamy said that the young girls were choked, and beat all the time. Can you show where in the early church, we would choke and beat young girls in to submissivness? Thanks in advance.
Nice, some attorney spewing his crap. Mormons don't mind pedophiles and rapists because they get their vote. At least the guy could have said, of course that is how all politicians think and not just mormons.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #48
Spaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Nice, some attorney spewing his crap. Mormons don't mind pedophiles and rapists because they get their vote. At least the guy could have said, of course that is how all politicians think and not just mormons.
It certainly sounds like the person had a personal ax to grind...

Old 04-10-2008, 07:41 PM   #49
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

So has anyone that gives early Mormon history the benefit of the doubt, but doesn't give FLDS the benefit of the doubt, explained their position?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2008, 07:46 PM   #50
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
So has anyone that gives early Mormon history the benefit of the doubt, but doesn't give FLDS the benefit of the doubt, explained their position?
Here's the irony. Those Mormons who want the full weight of the law to crack down on the Orthodox Mormons brown shirt style are the real self-loathers. What else?

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote