cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2008, 04:51 PM   #41
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Wow. Just wow.
BDB represents the views of 99% of active LDS.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 04:57 PM   #42
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
99%? Are you saying that this site has sufficient magical powers to suck in a goodly number of people who happen to be in the 1%?
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:01 PM   #43
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
She may....at least on this issue.

However, ask an unmarried YSA in his or her 30s about the Church's views on heterosexual marriage, timing of marriage, delaying marriage, etc.....and I doubt they would be so firm in their belief that we should do exactly as our Church leaders say. All of sudden, there are reasons and rationalizations for not obeying the plain, literal counsel we have received on that topic.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:04 PM   #44
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

However, ask an unmarried YSA in his or her 30s about the Church's views on heterosexual marriage, timing of marriage, delaying marriage, etc.....and I doubt they would be so firm in their belief that we should do exactly as our Church leaders say. All of sudden, there are reasons and rationalizations for not obeying the plain, literal counsel we have received on that topic.
Yikes. Low blow. You're freaking viscious.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:08 PM   #45
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Yikes. Low blow. You're freaking viscious.
Low blow? In what way?

We are talking about obedience here. Those that are for Prop 8 use "obedience" as a rationale for supporting the Proposition. I have stated before that I think that obedience is about the only valid reason anyone can provide.

I am merely pointing out that many who wave the banner of obedience are being inconsistent. YSAs are a good example. BDB said yesterday that we made promises to obey, that once we sustain, we have no ability to pick and choose. Well, the Church has been very clear on not delaying marriage. So now who is picking and choosing?

BDB said it well...we are all trying our best. None of us is perfect.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:30 PM   #46
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve
Default Many people pose questions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
everybody else probably has ex ute on ignore, and i'm getting close to that myself.

exie, you're pretty good at raising questions - that's easy to do. but, why don't you actually contribute something to the conversation instead of only taking a self-righteous and questioning position.

for starters, how is it harmful to society to have homosexuals marry? remember, this is an issue of allowing a group of people to have certain legal rights - it is not about whether homosexuality is considered a sin by the LDS church and/or other religions.
Just looking for your opininon. The tone of your response clearly indicates what you think the Lord thinks........but it is in opposition to what you think and thus you don't have the nads to answer the question honestly.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:33 PM   #47
exUte

Default People are questioning whether the church

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
everybody else probably has ex ute on ignore, and i'm getting close to that myself.

exie, you're pretty good at raising questions - that's easy to do. but, why don't you actually contribute something to the conversation instead of only taking a self-righteous and questioning position.

for starters, how is it harmful to society to have homosexuals marry? remember, this is an issue of allowing a group of people to have certain legal rights - it is not about whether homosexuality is considered a sin by the LDS church and/or other religions.
should be involved. My question goes directly to the core of that issue......if the church believes it's immoral, why should they remain quiet. No one else does. That's why I want to know what you think the lord thinks of homosexual marriage. Ordained, or not ordained of God. If not ordained, the Church has every right, even a responsibility, to have their voice heard.
Old 08-14-2008, 05:35 PM   #48
exUte

Default You equate the two issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post

Interesting. At what age does the church say you should get married. What is defined as 'delayed'? But sodomy is pretty cut and dried don't you think?
Old 08-14-2008, 05:36 PM   #49
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
47% of all statistics are made up.

DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2008, 05:37 PM   #50
Ceteris Paribus

Ceteris Paribus is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
Just looking for your opininon. The tone of your response clearly indicates what you think the Lord thinks........but it is in opposition to what you think and thus you don't have the nads to answer the question honestly.
Yes, the exie/fundamentalist game. Only the brethren know the will of the Lord.

Check your cerebellum at the door and fill up that tithing envelope. We'll take care of the rest...
Ceteris Paribus is offline   Reply With Quote