cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-01-2008, 05:12 AM   #31
exUte

exUte can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
I don't think a vote against Prop 8 is a vote for gay marriage. There are many things that I am personally against, but feel should be legal.
So sit idly by? Will you ever stake a stand on anything? By not supporting Prop 8 you are clearly in opposition to the first presidency. Pretty slippery ground.

Old 11-01-2008, 05:15 AM   #32
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

I realize that CB is a nuthouse, but the speed with which they organized a Steve Young lynch mob tonight is astounding. He went from demigod to devil in the blink of an eye. The quantity and intensity of the hateful statements are incredible. What a train wreck.
Old 11-01-2008, 05:29 AM   #33
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
So sit idly by? Will you ever stake a stand on anything? By not supporting Prop 8 you are clearly in opposition to the first presidency. Pretty slippery ground.

I'm not sure what it means to "stake a stand".

My stand is that I don't want to let my personal beliefs be the cause of descrimination. I believe drugs can be harmful, but I believe a person should be able to take them if they so choose. It is their body, not the state's. I am against adultery, but don't want adulterers to be put in jail for it. I'm not a fan of prostitution, but if you've got a hot body, like sex, and want to make money doing it, go ahead. Marrying a dude doesn't sound appealing to me, but if you want to, fine. None of these things cause me any harm. I don't think God is going to smite me because of something someone else does.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:41 AM   #34
CardiacCoug

CardiacCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
I realize that CB is a nuthouse, but the speed with which they organized a Steve Young lynch mob tonight is astounding. He went from demigod to devil in the blink of an eye. The quantity and intensity of the hateful statements are incredible. What a train wreck.
Yeah, crazy huh? My trolling post about him ending up with Jim McMahon in the Telestial Kingdom fit right in. Two guys told me I shouldn't judge (but didn't catch the sarcasm), but the rest of them said that Steve could still repent and be OK.

There's never a consideration from the mullahs that maybe Steve is correct on this. Or that maybe he is wrong but that God is OK with each of his children using his brain to make his own decisions without being blind followers.

One of the things I like about CB is that it continuously reinforces the superiority of my world view to the ignorant one of the CB mullahs. (How's that for a condescending statement? But it's the truth.)
CardiacCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:43 AM   #35
PaloAltoCougar

PaloAltoCougar is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If he achieved Beelzebub status by responding, "I don't wish to comment," imagine if he'd actually said something.
PaloAltoCougar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 05:45 AM   #36
exUte

Quote:
I'm not sure what it means to "stake a stand".

My stand is that I don't want to let my personal beliefs be the cause of descrimination. I believe drugs can be harmful, but I believe a person should be able to take them if they so choose. It is their body, not the state's. I am against adultery, but don't want adulterers to be put in jail for it. I'm not a fan of prostitution, but if you've got a hot body, like sex, and want to make money doing it, go ahead. Marrying a dude doesn't sound appealing to me, but if you want to, fine. None of these things cause me any harm. I don't think God is going to smite me because of something someone else does.
I'll be sure to share you post with one of my former scouts who is in prison.....you see, he is a sociopath.......and has committed numerous crimes. Fetal alchohol syndrome. His mother took drugs and alchohol.....because she chose! Prostitution is a victimless crime just like adultery?

Yeah, the Lord needs more folks like you to sit by while others who will not sit idly by determine the future of our country.
Old 11-01-2008, 06:06 AM   #37
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by exUte View Post
I'll be sure to share you post with one of my former scouts who is in prison.....you see, he is a sociopath.......and has committed numerous crimes. Fetal alchohol syndrome. His mother took drugs and alchohol.....because she chose! Prostitution is a victimless crime just like adultery?

Yeah, the Lord needs more folks like you to sit by while others who will not sit idly by determine the future of our country.
I am not arrogant enough to think that God needs me. God shouldn't need any of us.

Are you saying you want to ban alcohol because some dumb lady drank while she was pregnant? Sure, there are plenty of people that will do dumb things. I don't have a problem with someone drinking, but, if they drink and drive, they should be held responsible. Surely, you can see the difference.

Prostitution is just getting paid for sex. If you are going to commit adultery, why not at least get paid for it?
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 09:47 AM   #38
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
Jeff Kent? It says that he donated $15K to ban gay marriage, no?
Future HOFr Jeff Kent?
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 01:12 PM   #39
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Those guys on CB have forgotten the bit about "what judgment ye mete."
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #40
exUte

Quote:
I am not arrogant enough to think that God needs me. God shouldn't need any of us.

Are you saying you want to ban alcohol because some dumb lady drank while she was pregnant? Sure, there are plenty of people that will do dumb things. I don't have a problem with someone drinking, but, if they drink and drive, they should be held responsible. Surely, you can see the difference.

Prostitution is just getting paid for sex. If you are going to commit adultery, why not at least get paid for it?
Just pointing out the obvious. All these vices/crimes affect more than simply the one engaged in the activity.......which you said was the case.

You're right. God doesn't need you with a cavalier attitude like that. I'm hoping you are either TICing or don't have any kids.